+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sheffield United

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    Not crying one bit mate just dont like that type of football dont get me wrong but we have had years of that type of football under Bielsa its a breath of fresh air if we dont go up Bielsa could be going to Everton or even Chelsea could you see Wilder at them clubs no chance hoof football is history
    Cardiff went up playing hoof. If we'd played direct all season with ball players like Norwood, Duffy and Fleck knocking it long to strikers who aren't fast or tall we wouldn't be second. Our season aggregate stats show we're a possesion based side.

But we've got to be pragmatic when the stakes are this high, and we won an attritional derby away playing ugly just like you did at the Lane. I don't understand the knocking of a talented English manager like Wilder, who's paid his dues in the lower league and is doing well with a small budget ... it's that snobbery why the game is full of transient Carlos Kickaball managers. You'll end up reading the Guardian and voting Lib Dem if you're not careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Well well well..look whats just crawled out of someones anus.

I enjoyed it about as much as you did the 1st game at bumholestain.

No complaints..we missed our chances you took your only chance..thats football.

Nothing decided yet katch..nothing
    Yep, nothing's decided yet, but missing the chance to pull 5 points clear of us, ouch. Still all to play for.
    The straw suckers are due a defeat soon, I wouldn't be suprised if they lose at Boro.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro View Post
    Cardiff went up playing hoof. If we'd played direct all season with ball players like Norwood, Duffy and Fleck knocking it long to strikers who aren't fast or tall we wouldn't be second. Our season aggregate stats show we're a possesion based side.

But we've got to be pragmatic when the stakes are this high, and we won an attritional derby away playing ugly just like you did at the Lane. I don't understand the knocking of a talented English manager like Wilder, who's paid his dues in the lower league and is doing well with a small budget ... it's that snobbery why the game is full of transient Carlos Kickaball managers. You'll end up reading the Guardian and voting Lib Dem if you're not careful.
    I risk inviting the wrath of the likes of Tich and the refugee from the Iberian peninsula, but ever word of the above is on the money.

We have a class act in the form of Marcello Bielsa, but too many clubs thing "foreign is best" as knee jerk reaction (nobody got fired for buying IBM, same principle)

There are many similarities, no matter what might be said, we have both spent next to nothing to get where we are, we both deserve to be back in the Premiership, we would both do the Premiership a power of good if we got back there.

It's no longer in our hands, it's different for Blunts, we'll see how it land out by seasons end.

Not knocking Wilder he did a great job at oxford and northampton and clearly done well at sheff utd But that type of approach to a game and style of football will only take you so far just ask the likes of pardew moyes big fat sam mark hughes tony pullis i could go on and on there is a lack of class managers in the world thats why the same type of manager just goes from club to club pep poch and simone have learnt from Bielsa he is regarded as one of the top coaches in the world sorry mate but wilder would never ever earn that status that is not snobbery that is a fact a total fact

Not knocking Wilder he did a great job at oxford and northampton and clearly done well at sheff utd But that type of approach to a game and style of football will only take you so far just ask the likes of pardew moyes big fat sam mark hughes tony pullis i could go on and on there is a lack of class managers in the world thats why the same type of manager just goes from club to club pep poch and simone have learnt from Bielsa he is regarded as one of the top coaches in the world sorry mate but wilder would never ever earn that status that is not snobbery that is a fact a total fact
    If he takes Blunts from League 1 to the Premiership in 2 seasons and they stay there, he might just.

Sounds like sour grapes, but I would rather play the way we do than the Tony pulis, big Sam way, even though admitting that it does get results, even if for only a certain amount of time.

Agree with you about Wilder Kat, He's a good English manager IMO, Also like the way he doesn't brag, get carried away, or moan when things aren't going well - Oh, and he was one of the very few rival managers who played down spygate as a trivial waste of time, stating that if the FA/ELF want to "Investigate" anything they ought to look into all the diving and cheating for penalties.

On the game itself - said it elsewhere - your lot mugged us Saturday just like we mugged you in December - resulting in us both getting 3 points as opposed to two each that the two draws would have otherwise yielded.

Season isn't over yet, and I have to hope/think hat your lot are due a sticky patch sometime soon - after the run you've been on.

Too close to call with 8 games remaining - but it's definitely looking like a three horse race.
    Last edited by Tichi1; 18-03-2019 at 05:52 PM.

It is almost certainly a three horse race.

Top two would be brilliant, but we should still be able to see off any of the next three, injuries permitting.

* Can we go up as champions though? Pretty please? *

Can you please tell me what you will offer the Prem if you go up
    That football was fkin 30 years ago was Bruce your manager or that bloke that looks like a weaspoons customer your Gaffer stick your fkin hoof ball where it belongs

Anybody who thinks the Blades play kick and rush football hasnt been paying attention or keeping up with current events. As Katchouro has pointed out our game, generally, is based on possession football. Last season irrespective of the score during games Wilder would continue to play the attacking possession game and often would lose as a result. Older and wiser he's changed approach to manage games better, consequently we are much more successful. Not to the point where he encourages players to dive ( Alioski), have histrionic hissy fits ( Jansson), continually harass refs ( Jansson), handle balls into nets ( guess who), time waste endlessly ( Naarich)

Wilder has spent hardly anything for this level.

If IF we go up I suspect we won't have the wonga to compete, unlike Leeds.

I think you're all blinded by the cult of Bielsa, " genius" " best coach in the world" " blessed to have him" etc ad nauseum.

On Saturday it seemed a case of the emperors new clothes, out thought, out fought, tactically inept and limited.

Fret not there are still lots of points to play for, you may well still prevail, it's only 1 point currently, if you do you can take your genius of a manager, humongous support etc into the Prem where you can finally compete with Man Utd on a level playing field.

For now,wipe your tears away, stop the bottom lip quivering and " man up"

UTB

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Anybody who thinks the Blades play kick and rush football hasnt been paying attention or keeping up with current events. As Katchouro has pointed out our game, generally, is based on possession football. Last season irrespective of the score during games Wilder would continue to play the attacking possession game and often would lose as a result. Older and wiser he's changed approach to manage games better, consequently we are much more successful. Not to the point where he encourages players to dive ( Alioski), have histrionic hissy fits ( Jansson), continually harass refs ( Jansson), handle balls into nets ( guess who), time waste endlessly ( Naarich)

Wilder has spent hardly anything for this level.

If IF we go up I suspect we won't have the wonga to compete, unlike Leeds.

I think you're all blinded by the cult of Bielsa, " genius" " best coach in the world" " blessed to have him" etc ad nauseum.

On Saturday it seemed a case of the emperors new clothes, out thought, out fought, tactically inept and limited.

Fret not there are still lots of points to play for, you may well still prevail, it's only 1 point currently, if you do you can take your genius of a manager, humongous support etc into the Prem where you can finally compete with Man Utd on a level playing field.

For now,wipe your tears away, stop the bottom lip quivering and " man up"

UTB
    Wardy
    Thanks for your comments The best coach in the world did not come from me was only quoting what Pep says poch says and simone says
    If leeds go up we wont have pots of money to spend the Bielsa approach will give us a far better chance of staying up. Wilder has done a great job for you brilliant in fact.. look at that match on saturday do you honestly think sheff utd played football sorry you got the 3 points well done but come on you did not play football only one team did we have seen this season football that we have never enjoyed before like this its been a privlage to see it The media have praised the approach of Bielsa and a lot of journo"s have been saying get to leeds and watch how they play its great. I agree that will not guarantee promotion but it is brilliant to watch if bielsa would stay if if dont go up i would take that every day of the week that go up with a wilder team its not sour grapes nothing like that at all we have been blessed this season and i would love more of it my honest view is i dont think we will go up now i hope i am wrong i really hope i am wrong because this ride will finish over night and then its back to one dimension football
    Wardy if you make it to the prem good luck and have a great time

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)