+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bloody Sunday Paratrooper charged with murder.

Bloody Sunday Paratrooper charged with murder.

It seems to be washed over the IRA involvement, shooting at our troops.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...s-IRA-man.html
    There's a big difference to how our soldiers reacted, to the cowards who sneaked into 2 B'ham pubs and planted 2 bombs. When they get charged, they know who did it. Have been told the names are in a safe .

I was thinking exactly the same myself Lloyd.

The “inquest” into the Brum pub bombings is being done with no naming of IRA suspects.....in effect they are being shielded from prosecution!!

However,it’s okay to drag a soldier over to Northern Island for something that happened even longer ago.

This is no more than “a head on a plate” to satisfy the lynch mob mentality they have over there.

I feel so sorry for those that have tried so hard to get to the bottom of what happened in Brum because they have no hope of an even handed approach and any justice.

It stinks.

As far as I am aware an integral part of the Good Friday agreement was agreeing not to pursue those involved in killings. I imagine that is a lot of people. Surely such a similar arrangement should have applied to UK servicemen and the police. The rights and wrongs of what occurred on Bloody Sunday are not the issue. I feel very sorry for all those whose lives have been affected by it. Just as I feel sorry for the many hundreds more whose lives have been affected by other events and will never be the same. But to even consider prosecution is not right.

Look this was a terrible incident wasnt it and I genuinely feel sorry for those that suffered in it. But if they are going to name any guilty names, then why has it taken over 47 years to come to light ?.

And lets not forget eh what our lads had to put up with over there every single day. A threat against their lives from a set of viscous people, who we were only trying to help and protect in the first place!.

How is it possible, after 47 years, to charge just one soldier when 14 civilians were killed, whatever the circumstances?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)