+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three International Call-Ups

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    How bad must Afghanistan football be to require the services of a player who can’t even make the bench of a club bottom of the fourth tier of the Football League?
    As an 'emerging' football nation I'm sure they are extremely proud to have a player even signed to a club in the EFL. He's not a bad player and I suspect that he'd do well in a different league, perhaps one with more time on the ball, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Bird and Husin wont really be missed as they rarely play... Schofield is different obviously.. Fitz needs to dust the gloves down once again.
    Bird would be missed to be fair, he's the player we've been putting on the bench to meet the minimum requirement of home grown players

How bad must Afghanistan football be to require the services of a player who can’t even make the bench of a club bottom of the fourth tier of the Football League?
    Did you stop to think how nervous anyone would feel about voluntarily standing in any kind of crowd situation with the Taliban lurking round every corner?
    Their football isn't bad, it's undeveloped.

The League was established in 2012 with the first season running through September and October of that year. 8 teams were concurrently established in 2012 to become the inaugural competitors.[2]

Before 2012, the league in Afghanistan was broken down into 7 groups that covered the country.[3]

Players for the league were found through a reality television show called Maidan e sabz ("Green Field").[4] The concept came from the Afghanistan Football Federation and the Afghanistan-based MOBY Group, which owns a number of TV channels and radio stations and is the largest media group in the country. MOBY Group channels will broadcast matches. Players were voted onto teams by a jury and by the television audience. Eight teams of 18 players, one from every region, were formed.[5]

The Afghan High Peace Council has praised the creation and development of the League as an, "opportunity to bring peace and stability" to Afghanistan.[2]

Shaheen Asmayee F.C. have won a record 4 Afghan Premier League titles (2013, 2014, 2016, 2017). They are also the only team to have won 2 consecutive titles (2013–2014) and (2016-2017). They are the only team to have reached the Afghan Premier League final in 6 consecutive seasons (2013–2018).

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Did you stop to think how nervous anyone would feel about voluntarily standing in any kind of crowd situation with the Taliban lurking round every corner?
    Their football isn't bad, it's undeveloped.
    "...Taliban lurking around every corner?" Has day to day life stopped in Afghanistan? Is every Afghani hiding in his basement, afraid to stand in a crowd? Afraid to go shopping? He's been living in England, with his family, who all moved to England - 17 years ago. He was 5 when he left and has probably never seen a terrorist. You haven't got a clue, sid, another one of your half-baked ideas, sent without troubling yourself with thinking.

The League was established in 2012 with the first season running through September and October of that year. 8 teams were concurrently established in 2012 to become the inaugural competitors.[2]

Before 2012, the league in Afghanistan was broken down into 7 groups that covered the country.[3]

Players for the league were found through a reality television show called Maidan e sabz ("Green Field").[4] The concept came from the Afghanistan Football Federation and the Afghanistan-based MOBY Group, which owns a number of TV channels and radio stations and is the largest media group in the country. MOBY Group channels will broadcast matches. Players were voted onto teams by a jury and by the television audience. Eight teams of 18 players, one from every region, were formed.[5]

The Afghan High Peace Council has praised the creation and development of the League as an, "opportunity to bring peace and stability" to Afghanistan.[2]

Shaheen Asmayee F.C. have won a record 4 Afghan Premier League titles (2013, 2014, 2016, 2017). They are also the only team to have won 2 consecutive titles (2013–2014) and (2016-2017). They are the only team to have reached the Afghan Premier League final in 6 consecutive seasons (2013–2018).
    Why has the Taliban not put a stop to all this, sid?

"...Taliban lurking around every corner?" Has day to day life stopped in Afghanistan? Is every Afghani hiding in his basement, afraid to stand in a crowd? Afraid to go shopping? He's been living in England, with his family, who all moved to England - 17 years ago. He was 5 when he left and has probably never seen a terrorist. You haven't got a clue, sid, another one of your half-baked ideas, sent without troubling yourself with thinking.
    I suggest you do a bit of a read-up on Noor's background.
    Forming a league and administering it in smoke-filled rooms is a far cry from spectating in a stadium.

I suggest you do a bit of a read-up on Noor's background.
    Forming a league and administering it in smoke-filled rooms is a far cry from spectating in a stadium.
    If you think I'm going to read Husin's life story you can go and boil your head, I'm not the slightest bit interested. If you want to read the about the history of Notts County's ephemeral players, go ahead, I'm sure there will be some on here who can't sleep either, share with them.

If you think I'm going to read Husin's life story you can go and boil your head, I'm not the slightest bit interested. If you want to read the about the history of Notts County's ephemeral players, go ahead, I'm sure there will be some on here who can't sleep either, share with them.
    He was 5 when he left and has probably never seen a terrorist.
    The town he grew up in was under threat even in the Soviet invasion era. How much footie was being played in Notts during the 1939-45 period?

Then don't make uninformed statements like the above, Laxative, and get your fingers our your ears.
    Last edited by sidders; 15-03-2019 at 04:11 PM.

Schofield is now available to play for both England and Notts...

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...-clash-2657226

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12