+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bloody Sunday, one British soldier charged with 2 murders.

Bloody Sunday, one British soldier charged with 2 murders.

Thir**** people were killed and 15 others injured on 30 January 1972 when troops of the 1st Battalion of the Parachute Regiment fired on demonstrators during a civil rights march in Derry.

One British soldier not yet named will face trial for two murders. No reports of any Commanding Officers being prosecuted at present.

Discuss?

Fifty years seems a long time to wait to press charges.. Then again if they have full proof of murder fair enough..

I agree with Alf.

I assume he was operating under orders? Why does there always have to be a fall guy?

At least the fall guy has had Firthy years more than the person he's ALLEGEDLY murdered..

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I assume he was operating under orders? Why does there always have to be a fall guy?
    true BT.....so lets go for the heads of the snake - could be a posthumous trial of Thatcher for her "sink it" Belgrano....or Blair for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of civilians in the Gulf war....the list is long !

It seems a little perverse to say the least that IRA murderers have been granted amnesties, their leaders become government ministers, while a British soldier is to be prosecuted. Like I keep saying, we live in a lunatic asylum.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It seems a little perverse to say the least that IRA murderers have been granted amnesties, their leaders become government ministers, while a British soldier is to be prosecuted. Like I keep saying, we live in a lunatic asylum.
    The orchestrated shenanigans at Westminster last night sort of confirm your theory sinkov. Whatever happened to May's unequivocal "We will LEAVE on the 29th March" promise?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The orchestrated shenanigans at Westminster last night sort of confirm your theory sinkov. Whatever happened to May's unequivocal "We will LEAVE on the 29th March" promise?
    We have British soldiers prosecuted, while IRA murderers walk free, and a Parliament determined to deny the will of the people. Do you ever get the impression BT, that our politicians, on the whole, actually despise the very people they are supposed to represent ?

I think they live in a closeted, privileged bubble sinkov and there are obvious exceptions, but most of them are detached from reality and their arrogance is simply breath taking.
    They are underestimating the anger I have come across in the last few weeks from the general public when I have been out canvassing for the local elections.
    There will be a backlash, the severity of I just can't gauge right now. Most of the people I have talked to are still numb with shock. Our local MP was told in no uncertain what his fate would be if he voted with the government. Wisely he saw sense along with a substantial amount of northern Labour MPs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)