Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
Hey were all entitled to our opinion.
I just don't understand why qualifying for Europe is looked upon with derision.
The alternative is accumulating fewer points, winning less games, finishing lower in the league and playing in the league cup group games.

Its not success in terms of winning trophies, but with other teams challenging for those spots, there will always be an achievement in securing a European place.
Like I say pal. it's my opinion that qualifying for Europe should be a basic standard for Aberdeen every single season, sadly there were times in the dark days that that was not the case, so I guess I can sort of understand why there are some folks who view qualifying as a success (I don't)
But with your comment on derision, i have to say that there is no way that i would ever ridicule the fact that we are now qualifying regularly and that is down to some decent work that has been done by the management staff since they came on board, and I give them credit for that.

Now we need set about bringing real success back to the club and it will be a good starting point if we win the scottish cup this season, I honestly think we will

SF