+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Livi roll call Match thread and sh1t

We badly need someone who can take the ball in midfield and create. We've got battling, energetic midfielders in Shinnie and Ferguson who can get up and down, but they aren't the kind who can unlock defences. Someone like McLean or Christie was able to come deep, pick up the ball, go past an opponent and open the game up, or spray it wide, or play a through ball, or a one-two etc - they could make things happen between midfield and attack and were able to provide some variety - either taking it through the middle or bringing the wide players into the game in good positions.

Instead of a McLean / Christie type, we've had Stevie May playing in that position this season - who is hardworking, but most certainly not able to do any of the above, and carries less goal threat than either of the aforementioned players. The alternative has been Stewart who is too slow, saunters around cutting back on himself, and doesn't have the energy, pace or drive of the likes of McLean and Christie. We've got decent wide players in McGinn and McLennan - but we don't have the players further back or in the centre to bring them into play in dangerous positions to make the most of them. They're picking the ball up inside their own half too often, or we're booting it up to Cosgrove instead. Cosgrove has done ok when he's given decent service from wide areas etc, and the wide men do well when they're given the ball in the right areas. The problem lies in the player playing in the no10 role that McLean or Christie used to fill.

This to me is the main problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    We badly need someone who can take the ball in midfield and create. We've got battling, energetic midfielders in Shinnie and Ferguson who can get up and down, but they aren't the kind who can unlock defences. Someone like McLean or Christie was able to come deep, pick up the ball, go past an opponent and open the game up, or spray it wide, or play a through ball, or a one-two etc - they could make things happen between midfield and attack and were able to provide some variety - either taking it through the middle or bringing the wide players into the game in good positions.

Instead of a McLean / Christie type, we've had Stevie May playing in that position this season - who is hardworking, but most certainly not able to do any of the above, and carries less goal threat than either of the aforementioned players. The alternative has been Stewart who is too slow, saunters around cutting back on himself, and doesn't have the energy, pace or drive of the likes of McLean and Christie. We've got decent wide players in McGinn and McLennan - but we don't have the players further back or in the centre to bring them into play in dangerous positions to make the most of them. They're picking the ball up inside their own half too often, or we're booting it up to Cosgrove instead. Cosgrove has done ok when he's given decent service from wide areas etc, and the wide men do well when they're given the ball in the right areas. The problem lies in the player playing in the no10 role that McLean or Christie used to fill.

Agree.
    No10 needs addressed.

Greg Stewart is apparently nursing a hip injury so May is there.
    Stevie May might work hard, but that should be a given.
    He’s not a “10” and as a striker he rarely scores.
    He hasn’t scored from open play in 7 months FFS.

As I said earlier we’re an ugly side.
    A sh1tehouse of a team most effective when being defensive, away from home.
    We’re horrible to watch & that’s not going to change with the current manager.
    So we best just accept it, as he’s going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Agree.
    No10 needs addressed.

Greg Stewart is apparently nursing a hip injury so May is there.
    Stevie May might work hard, but that should be a given.
    He’s not a “10” and as a striker he rarely scores.
    He hasn’t scored from open play in 7 months FFS.

As I said earlier we’re an ugly side.
    A sh1tehouse of a team most effective when being defensive, away from home.
    We’re horrible to watch & that’s not going to change with the current manager.
    So we best just accept it, as he’s going nowhere.

May unfortunately is destined to join the ranks of worst ever signings. Can't be arsed checking the stats but pretty sure his goals from open play percentage would compare with the lowest of any striker we have had. The "covers every blade of grass" line phucks me right off. So does my phuckin lawnmower but I would't play it up front for my club for phuck sake.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeScum2012 View Post
    May unfortunately is destined to join the ranks of worst ever signings. Can't be arsed checking the stats but pretty sure his goals from open play percentage would compare with the lowest of any striker we have had. The "covers every blade of grass" line phucks me right off. So does my phuckin lawnmower but I would't play it up front for my club for phuck sake.
    Correct.
    Imagine the justification for playing him being “he works very hard”.
    F*****g clueless.
    He’s a striker that doesn’t score, so he’s not doing his job.
    Wilson & May ideally would go in the summer & we bring a couple of good replacements in.
    Along with a “no10” & a good passer of the ball in midfield.

There will be loads leaving so there should be scope to do it.
    Only problem being I’m not sure DM & his head of recruitment are capable.

Well that was just gash.

Sadly all too familiar gash.

Same old problems at home. Too slow & ponderous getting forward and getting delivery into the box, and a complete lack of creativity.

DM must see it, so I do wonder what he’s gonna so about it. He let one possible solution in Scott Allan go to Hibs so god knows who (if anyone) he sees coming into give us that creativity?

One things for sure, were not progressing with that midfield setup.

Our home record is a joke.

As has been said, our current team is ideal for sitting in and catching teams on the break, but when we need to be the team attacking & taking the initiative we’ve not got a f’uckin clue.

Sadly, that defensive setup is only needed for about 8-10 games a season. The other 30, not so much.

2nd is away so the cups the only target left this year. If we only win two more games (as long as it’s the semi & final) I’d take that - doesn’t make today’s s’hitshow any less painful to watch though...

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Our home league form is a sackable offence during 2019.
    Totally agree with that pal, but there will be the usual "top dons" jumping on soon to remind us that we are pant p1shers and always posting the same sh1t
    I'm not a pant p1sher but I post the same sh1t coz the team continues todeliver the same sh1t week in week out at home and it's quite frankly not fkn acceptable

Like you say,thank fk the semi is in weegieland

Our home form this season has been a fkn disgrace, fk me its almost April and we have not won a home league game this year.

Ohhhh Derek McWinless

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

While I dont totally disagree with you pal.
    My question back is why the fk can we go on the road and have 7 straight wins, then a 0-0 at timothy followed by a massive win at the unwashed. That's 9 games on the bounce away from home undefeated (8 wins and one draw) it's the same fkn players ffs. So why the fk do we play like a shower of fkn clueless numptees at home who can barely string two passes together never mind a run of games without defeat.
    That just baffles me

SF

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Totally agree with that pal, but there will be the usual "top dons" jumping on soon to remind us that we are pant p1shers and always posting the same sh1t
    I'm not a pant p1sher but I post the same sh1t coz the team continues todeliver the same sh1t week in week out at home and it's quite frankly not fkn acceptable

Like you say,thank fk the semi is in weegieland

Our home form this season has been a fkn disgrace, fk me its almost April and we have not won a home league game this year.

Ohhhh Derek McWinless

SF
    Normal service is resumed as per by the usual suspects.....predictable,anyway our game was called off and I went to cheer on the Hive, great result/performance and then listened to the once michty’s 2nd half on the way back home....not to be, onwards and upwards and I’ll have a semi when I return from Spain.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    While I dont totally disagree with you pal.
    My question back is why the fk can we go on the road and have 7 straight wins, then a 0-0 at timothy followed by a massive win at the unwashed. That's 9 games on the bounce away from home undefeated (8 wins and one draw) it's the same fkn players ffs. So why the fk do we play like a shower of fkn clueless numptees at home who can barely string two passes together never mind a run of games without defeat.
    That just baffles me

SF
    When away from home, the opposition don’t sit in and counter attack like they do at Pittodrie.
    That’s where we miss the creativity

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Normal service is resumed as per by the usual suspects.....predictable

SF
    Enough about the team. What about the reaction to the game?

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast