+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Livi roll call Match thread and sh1t

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Qualifying for Europe and getting knocked out before the kids are back to school doesn't go in the trophy cabinet
    True, but I’d far rather these games in the summer evenings than League Cup group stages.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    1 out of the 2 is not bad.

I thought they were both types of cured meat.

F*ckin hungry now
    Indeed, however I thought ravonelli or maldini were more linked with Italian restaurants.......anyway, everyday is a learning day as Pac would say.....”fact”!! As I did not realise there was a beltrami that was respected in mathematics....

Joe, the one I was familiar with was pretty well connected to a couple of relatives, he was just a quiet lawyer in Glasgow that some family members worked for and .......ehm......some needed work done.......anyway, plain old macaroni for tea tonight with a decent chianti......they go hand in hand........”fact”..!!

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Joe, the one I was familiar with was pretty well connected to a couple of relatives, he was just a quiet lawyer in Glasgow
    Really???
    I thought he was a squeeky voiced comedian

Also makes me now think of Fernando who played only about a dozen games for us, recalling his goal against Celtic where he closed down Rab Douglas and then tapped in from 2 yards

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Really???
    I thought he was a squeeky voiced comedian

Also makes me now think of Fernando who played only about a dozen games for us, recalling his goal against Celtic where he closed down Rab Douglas and then tapped in from 2 yards
    Naw.......FFS, your getting confused with pastarami now!!......anyway, back on topic, after watching the Alba highlights I genuinely thought Livi were worth their point......the boy will not score a better goal from that angle...onwards and upwards for the once michty though.
    SF

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Qualifying for Europe and getting knocked out before the kids are back to school doesn't go in the trophy cabinet
    Oh so sadly, sadly true pal, but there are some on here that think getting two games in europe in a year is success (one at home and one away) Fit a load of b0ll0x
    Some think getting to a semi or even a final is success, which is also another load of b0ll0x
    That being said I do think that our away form this season has us seriously staring at the best chance of real success we have had in fkn ages, and that success is putting something in the trophy cabinet. I feel we will win the Scottish cup this season.
    The negative of that is that it will probably secure DM's future for the foreseeable future.
    We have been nothing short of abysmal at home, and that is 100% the fault of the manager.

Nae doot there will be the usual dudes coming along with their red tinted glasses who support the once michty through thick and thin and remind us all at every given posting opportunity about them being brilliant supporters and all that sh1t who are obviously top dons compared to me and a few others,
    And these "top dons" will be slating me for posting the same old sh1t about our management team, but the facts are there for us all to see, sadly some of these top dons can't accept the facts, or at least they don't want to accept them.

Our home league form this season is a sackable offence at pretty much every other club in britain.

But it's ok as we had our usual two games in europe and so far one final appearance with a semi coming up (pardon the expression)

So all is hunky dory in the happy clappers world.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    there are some on here that think getting two games in europe in a year is success (one at home and one away) Fit a load of b0ll0x
    Yes it is bollox.
    In the 5 seasons under DM, we have played 24 European games (one at home and one away)

Dugava riga
    Groningen
    Real Sociedad
    Shkendija
    Rijeka
    Kairat Almaty
    Fola Esch
    Ventspils
    NK Maribor
    Siroki Brijeg
    Apollon Limassol
    Burnley

Given we'll be starting in Q1 next year, I'd be very confident of a minimum 4 and quite possibly 6 games as a minimum.

Far better than going to East Fife, Elgin or Peterhead (no offence to any of these clubs) in the league cup group stages

Yes it is bollox.
    In the 5 seasons under DM, we have played 24 European games (one at home and one away)

Dugava riga
    Groningen
    Real Sociedad
    Shkendija
    Rijeka
    Kairat Almaty
    Fola Esch
    Ventspils
    NK Maribor
    Siroki Brijeg
    Apollon Limassol
    Burnley

Given we'll be starting in Q1 next year, I'd be very confident of a minimum 4 and quite possibly 6 games as a minimum.

Far better than going to East Fife, Elgin or Peterhead (no offence to any of these clubs) in the league cup group stages
    Fk me there is some world class names in that list
    What has it put in the trophy cabinet min
    But like I say if that makes you happy as a dons supporter then fair enough, who am I to argue with you
    Personally I just think its a load of b0ll0x that some folks view qualifying for europe as success, whether its two games a year or 4 or 6 or whatever.

Hey ho,
    But I do honestly believe we will win the scottish cup this season

Fk me there is some world class names in that list
    What has it put in the trophy cabinet min
    The direct comparison is playing in the League cup group games, that doesn't get you a trophy either.
    So yes, I far rather qualify for Europe (also means were more consistent in the league and win more games) and play these European teams home and away.
    what's wrong with that?

Are you only in it for the glory hence the trophies comment and derision of the teams?
    Are they not good enough and you long back to playing the Bayerns of this world?

T
    So yes, I far rather qualify for Europe (also means were more consistent in the league and win more games) and play these European teams home and away.
    what's wrong with that?
    Never said there is anything wrong with it in principal pal, but viewing it as success for Aberdeen Football club is fkn ridiculous.

In my humble opinion and all that.

Never said there is anything wrong with it in principal pal, but viewing it as success for Aberdeen Football club is fkn ridiculous.

In my humble opinion and all that.
    Hey were all entitled to our opinion.
    I just don't understand why qualifying for Europe is looked upon with derision.
    The alternative is accumulating fewer points, winning less games, finishing lower in the league and playing in the league cup group games.

Its not success in terms of winning trophies, but with other teams challenging for those spots, there will always be an achievement in securing a European place.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast