+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Police Scotland investigate Aberdeen sectarianism

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

Sometimes I think the world has gone too PC.
    I first read this on its day of publication, and have kept the link since.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment/...233926,00.html

Careful about aligning yourself with the "PC gone mad" brigade. You might find yourself sharing a Woodbine and pint of Carling with Nigel Farage.

I was wondering how long this would take to surface.

Of course the intent of the singing was not sectarian. That's the last thing on anyone's minds, but Timothy were called out for it recently against Boyd and since its the exact same terminology we used for Gerrard its very easy to accuse us of the same thing here.

The weegie press will f'uckin love it lets face it.

The minutes silence was observed impeccably, which will really have grinded the hun & weegia gears as they would have just been dying for us to make a noise during that to give them a stick to beat us with.

We didn't oblige, so this is the next best thing unfortunately.

Happily, it does seem that sectarian singing is finally getting the treatment it deserves & will be clamped down on and condemned in future, so regardless of the intent on Tuesday, we need to be careful in the terminology used to avoid us being tarred with the same brush as those west coast knuckle draggers.

Plenty teams like Kille sing the "Hello, Hello" song without the sectarian wording & undertones - so its easy enough to substitute Orange for Scouser / Sevco whatever.

Just need to steer clear of the orange / fenian stuff. Easy enough to do and I've no problem with that as we as a club have no sectarian element in the support and need to ensure we don't give any ammo to our detractors to try and insinuate otherwise.

I remember singing it but was using the word scouser. Was it not only sung at the end when the huns had already left and we were being kept behind.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    I remember singing it but was using the word scouser. Was it not only sung at the end when the huns had already left and we were being kept behind.
    Well if that's the case then fans who were there need to contact the club and confirm what wording was being used and insist they come out with a strong statement supporting the fans who's conduct is incorrectly and unfairly being called into question.

I heard the "cheer up Stevie G" song on the TV - but cant say if it was "orange" or something else being sung.

If the guys who were there say it was "Scouser" then that's good enough for me and the Club needs to back them up.

I didn't hear the Ibrox disaster song at all. Haven't heard that for years so despite not being there I'm happy to state I believe that accusation is a lie. Anyone who was there know otherwise?

The Durrant song, I've heard that plenty yes, but that's got f'uck all to do with 1971.

As per the "don't want to upset Sevco" thread, if fans who were there tell the club that there was no sectarian connotations to the singing, & that the stuff about the Ibrox disaster song is weegia & Sevco lies, then the club need to back the fans here in the strongest possible terms.

Will they though? That's the question...

The ibrox song wasn't sung. I didn't know what was used for the Gerrard song but don't think it was orange.

I just mumbled something and pretended I did know the words.

What's the Ryan Jack one? Is it Ju..... das or something else? Jew..... dance? You..... ass?

We need a song sheet.

The Ibrox song was surely the wings of a sparrow (My bonnie lies over the ocean). Nout wrong with that.

If I had the wings of a sparrow
    The erse of a big buffalo
    I’d fly over Ibrokes tomorrow
    And sh!te on the *******s below.

Sh!te on, Sh!te on.
    Sh!te on the *******s below, below

Ryan Jack is a bit morbid for sure. (Hey Baby)

Heeeeeey Ryan, oh ah!
    I wanna know oh oh oh.
    When your gonna die.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    I was wondering how long this would take to surface.

Of course the intent of the singing was not sectarian. That's the last thing on anyone's minds, but Timothy were called out for it recently against Boyd and since its the exact same terminology we used for Gerrard its very easy to accuse us of the same thing here.
    Police Scotland don’t have a clue what sectarianism is.
    I once got pulled up by a copper for singing The Flower Of Scotland at a huns match.
    I laughed in his face and started pointed out what a clueless idiot he was.
    His supervisor came down and when I explained what the tw@t said, he was swapped out for another.
    I had to be careful after that as his beady eyes never left me and one slip and I’m sure I would have been lifted.

everyone around me was singing "scouser". Not a sectarian term. Like Weegie. Not a race or nationality or ethnicity. Nothing to see,

Meanwhile 46000 sung a variety of pro-loyalist, Northern Ireland, Orange garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Ryan Jack is a bit morbid for sure. (Hey Baby)

Heeeeeey Ryan, oh ah!
    I wanna know oh oh oh.
    When your gonna die.
    I thought it was "why you're such a c u n t"?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast