I don't know if I am on my own with this observation but for me Harper brings absolutely nothing to the team when we have not got the ball. He does not get close to an opposition player to get a tackle in. He constantly drifts around pedestrian-like, giving all the time in the world for the player with the ball to decide what his next move will be. If a player gets past him there is no urgency to try and close him down but just seems to hope someone else will tackle him.
He seems to be playing well within his comfort zone when it comes to effort. To be fair I thought all the midfield were powder-puff in the tackle last night, but even Livermore on occasions chased down players in possession. We desperately need a ball winner with some energy and drive in my opinion and the quicker a manager is appointed the better as last night I thought we were poor and to come out of that game with a three nil win was miraculous and thanks no end to the best goalkeeping display from an Albion keeper I have seen for a long time. Freed up from having to play short to defenders no matter what allowed Johnson to relax and if necessary put his foot through the ball.