+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Callum Semple ....

Callum Semple ....

Ross County defender Callum Semple has been charged with betting on football matches.
    Semple was issued with a notice of complaint today by the Scottish FA for bets made between the period of July 1 and March 1, in which he also played for Queen of the South on loan from Sheffield United.

..... from Press and Journal.

Quote Originally Posted by Stravaigar View Post
    Ross County defender Callum Semple has been charged with betting on football matches.
    Semple was issued with a notice of complaint today by the Scottish FA for bets made between the period of July 1 and March 1, in which he also played for Queen of the South on loan from Sheffield United.

..... from Press and Journal.
    Seems somewhat of a scourge of the modern footballer these days-sad.
    Last edited by Spikefaethesouth; 14-03-2019 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Seems somewhat of a scourge of the modern football these days-sad.
    It is obviously a problem in the game these days but why so few get investigated or charged.

I am sure he will take his punishment, learn a lesson and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post
    It is obviously a problem in the game these days but why so few get investigated or charged.

I am sure he will take his punishment, learn a lesson and move on.

lol as long as you dont bet on your own team getting beat i dont see what the prob is ,thay make too much of this .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    lol as long as you dont bet on your own team getting beat i dont see what the prob is ,thay make too much of this .
    I agree Francis.

I genuinely hope it’s rap on the knuckles for the lad.

Most of the guys I grew up with liked a bet on the football. Its part of our social culture . I dont see the problem with Semple having a bet as long as it doesn't involve his own team or direct opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Most of the guys I grew up with liked a bet on the football. Its part of our social culture . I dont see the problem with Semple having a bet as long as it doesn't involve his own team or direct opponents.

I’d image most footballers like a bet. The secret is not getting caught and not setting up an account in your own name.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    I’d image most footballers like a bet. The secret is not getting caught and not setting up an account in your own name.
    He will learn from this young guy away from home for the first time after a long lay of. Shame but worth remembering his contribution to the first 6 months of our season

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Setting up an account in your own name probably not a good idea. Footballers will just get their pals to put bets on for them . I'm sure others are privvy to information coming directly out of dressing rooms regarding team line ups in the same way tips will come out of racing stables. Having had a bit of a gambling problem myself a few years back , I'm not saying betting is a good thing only that it's that entrenched in society and footballers come from the same backgrounds most of us do. The authorities can't expect them to behave differently from other working class lads.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 15-03-2019 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Setting up an account in your own name probably not a good idea. Footballers will just get their pals to put bets on for them . I'm sure others are privvy to information coming directly out of dressing rooms regarding team line ups in the same way tips will come out of racing stables. Having had a bit of a gambling problem myself a few years back , I'm not saying betting is a good thing only that it's that entrenched in society and footballers come from the same backgrounds most of us do. The authorities can't expect them to behave differently from other working class lads.

i know of quite a few pro footballers who are never out the bookies lol ,and some well known ex queens favourites who are still playing,iv never seen any prob with it .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)