Get your very own personalised football gifts!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Honest Men vs. Doonhamers

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    7,932

    Honest Men vs. Doonhamers

    Referee:John McKendrick

    AR1: Kylie Cockburn

    AR2: Ross Anderson

  2. #2
    two teams playing utter garbage atm ,the team who goes for the jugular wins this .i wouldnt bet on queens going out to attack ayr tho .

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    34
    Might surprise a few We are due a win and where better to get it

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    34
    Has Their star centre scored against us yet this year? One goal win to us

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    7,932
    Shankland....not so far

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Baw Heid View Post
    Has Their star centre scored against us yet this year? One goal win to us
    It’s completely irrelevant is he’s not scored against us yet. He’s scored more league goals than Sir Stephen , Ayr are 13 points above us and if we lose tomorrow Gary is a goner IMO.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Retired in Dumfries
    Posts
    922
    Our record against Ayr this season is good so let's just hope that the boys can get a result to stop the slide. Mon the South.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Our record against Ayr this season is good so let's just hope that the boys can get a result to stop the slide. Mon the South.

    If we lose again do you think itís the end for Naysmith? We quite simply canít go on like this Spike. Relegation on our centenary season would be a disaster on and off the park.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Retired in Dumfries
    Posts
    922
    Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    If we lose again do you think it’s the end for Naysmith? We quite simply can’t go on like this Spike. Relegation on our centenary season would be a disaster on and off the park.
    Well for sure we cannot continue this losing run or we are down but who in there right mind would take over the reigns at this stage. AL is free and he may give the squad a much needed boost but the crutch of the matter is what we have all been saying from the start of the season and that is the threadbare squad. Tomorrow there are four players out injured so we will be forced to play others out of position which unbalances the side resulting in the first half we saw against Dunfermline. Any new manager taking over will face the same problem but perhaps they could cope with it better than Naysmith however that is a mere assumption. I think that we have made a serious mistake loaning out too many of the youth as some of those were promising and should have been given more of an opportunity when the more senior players became injured gaining experience that way. Fingers and every other thing crossed for tomorrow and perhaps the adverse weather conditions will be an equaliser to allow us to scape a win then we can then get some of those player fit again for the remainder of the campaign. A fully fit squad we can match anybody but currently we do not have that to choose from.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Retired in Dumfries
    Posts
    922
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Well for sure we cannot continue this losing run or we are down but who in there right mind would take over the reigns at this stage. AL is free and he may give the squad a much needed boost but the crutch of the matter is what we have all been saying from the start of the season and that is the threadbare squad. Tomorrow there are four players out injured so we will be forced to play others out of position which unbalances the side resulting in the first half we saw against Dunfermline. Any new manager taking over will face the same problem but perhaps they could cope with it better than Naysmith however that is a mere assumption. I think that we have made a serious mistake loaning out too many of the youth as some of those were promising and should have been given more of an opportunity when the more senior players became injured gaining experience that way. Fingers and every other thing crossed for tomorrow and perhaps the adverse weather conditions will be an equaliser to allow us to scape a win then we can then get some of those player fit again for the remainder of the campaign. A fully fit squad we can match anybody but currently we do not have that to choose from.
    Too much of a rush with this post but obviously I was referring to Alan Johnston and the first half against ICT. Should take heed of my own advice Pause before hitting the reply button!!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    7,932
    Looks like 17 year old Ruaridh Wallace will be the sub keeper tomorrow at Somerset for Queens

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,599
    Horrendous forecast for tomorrow and travel may be a serious problem for both players and fans trying to get to Somerset Park.

    Certainly 'the Cumnocks' will be an issue.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,383
    Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Looks like 17 year old Ruaridh Wallace will be the sub keeper tomorrow at Somerset for Queens

    19 year old Ryan Gibson

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    394
    Will Alan Martin's back problem turn into a "I won't be back" problem.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    Will Alan Martin's back problem turn into a "I won't be back" problem.

    Nope. He might even make an appearance today

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    7,932
    Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    19 year old Ryan Gibson
    Didn't notice him at the foot of the first team squad. Thanks

  17. #17
    Somerset Pitch Inspection at 12.15 today, due to heavy rain throughout the night and morning...

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    7,932
    Quote Originally Posted by King Dobbie View Post
    Somerset Pitch Inspection at 12.15 today, due to heavy rain throughout the night and morning...
    Hopefully just a precaution...

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    641
    Game off!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    7,932
    Probably a blessing. Queens game of vs. Falkirk next weekend then away to Dundee United, unless the Ayr game is in 9 or 10 days time.
    Gives Queens more time to get their injured players back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •