+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are the play offs still mathematically possible?

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    I've loved every game, home and away. What's the point of keeping going if you don't enjoy the day out.4th bottom will do for me, 5th bottom next season and 6th bottom season after......incremental improvement at all times.....

My glass overflows most times......right up to the brim.
    This exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    What concerns me is that if (when) we stay up then what can we expect? More of the same?
    The Millers have been fairly buoyant over the last decade or so, new ground, two Wembley visits etc.
    A diet of continuous struggle, hardly any wins, having to play negatively, problems attracting players, it can only lead to fan discontent and a drain on core support.
    It will be great if we do stop up and a big feather in Paul Warne’s cap, but let’s be honest it’s not been the most entertaining season has it?
    And thats what worries me Grist about the old Second Division these days.
    We're hoping to get promotion back there this season of course. But we also know it will be more of the same struggles again this time next year if we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    We're hoping to get promotion back there this season of course. But we also know it will be more of the same struggles again this time next year if we do.
    But surely the struggle is to play at the highest level you possibly can? and yes two seasons ago was an awful time for us as a club and as a supporter, but history will show we still played in the 5th hardest league in europe.
    By playing in the championship we also manage to get some decent players willing to come whether that is to sign for us, like AjayI and Robertson, or on loan like Rodak, Manning and Towell.
    What's the point of a professional football club if they don't want to go up to a higher league for fear of getting embarrassed, both the club and supporters should be wanting to play against and watch the best players we can, and there are some seriously good players to both play against and watch. UTM

Well you get increased revenue from more away fans but you also get more trouble.

Folks say you see a better quality of player in the visitors teams, which is correct but in my view there’s not many that standout. You do get much more diving, cheating and gamesmanship though.

The home games I’ve enjoyed this season you can count on the fingers of one hand, most have been backs to the wall grim affairs. I understand the away trips have been even worse.

Thats a very good point Ronners, and I cant argue with it tbh!.
    But its getting tiresome now when our teams do go up, and then they fail to learn the lessons from before and yet another painful relegation scrap happens. Thats no fun at all is it, for the club and for the fans especially.

Thats a very good point Ronners, and I cant argue with it tbh!.
    But its getting tiresome now when our teams do go up, and then they fail to learn the lessons from before and yet another painful relegation scrap happens. Thats no fun at all is it, for the club and for the fans especially.
    tbh Acido, as things stand , we all know that we will be in a relegation scrap in this division unless we somehow get a substatial investment from somewhere which as yet doesn't seem likely.
    I personally don't mind the relegation scrap as long as we don't get way behind as we did 2 seasons ago, and we have certainly had a real go thus far. UTM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12