+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are the play offs still mathematically possible?

Are the play offs still mathematically possible?

Ok of course they aren't and for a club like ours they probably never will be, although I will forever live in hope. I know the Barnsley lads such as animal say that it's a struggle for clubs like us and them to properly compete at championship level given the parachute payments and general spending power of other clubs,and he's right, but as long as we have a squad that can at least compete in the championship, then for me it's the place to be.
    Nearly every club at championship level will either fill or nearly fill our away end, and I always like to sit down near the away end as they are usually in good voice which makes for a great atmosphere, and we've had some great teams, even iconic teams (European Cup Winners) at our fantastic and still newish ground.
    In the championship this season, I think there are only 4 teams who haven't played in the premier league, Bristol City, Preston, Brentford and us, but Bristol City and Preston will have played in the top tier before the premier league started, leaving just Brentford and us as the only teams never having played top flight football.
    My point is that I am so pround of this club of ours that we can compete with these kind of big spenders and hopefully we won't have to go through an embarrassing season like we did 2 seasons ago, because whatever happens from now on in we've given it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Ok of course they aren't
    Another glass half full supporter

As you say, we should be pretty proud. After 37 games and based on squad valuation (prior to Semi becoming a goal scoring machine) we are costing about 166K per point compared to the 3M per point for the likes of Ipswich/Stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post

As you say, we should be pretty proud. After 37 games and based on squad valuation (prior to Semi becoming a goal scoring machine) we are costing about 166K per point compared to the 3M per point for the likes of Ipswich/Stoke.
    Mine is a half pint full of beer then CAM

What concerns me is that if (when) we stay up then what can we expect? More of the same?

The Millers have been fairly buoyant over the last decade or so, new ground, two Wembley visits etc.

A diet of continuous struggle, hardly any wins, having to play negatively, problems attracting players, it can only lead to fan discontent and a drain on core support.

It will be great if we do stop up and a big feather in Paul Warne’s cap, but let’s be honest it’s not been the most entertaining season has it?

That assumes we won't sign any more players.
    What about if PW signs more of the likes of Robertson, Crookes Smith and Ihiekwe.
    All cship quaLity signed for nowt except Crooksey

I think a lot of the home matches have been very entertaining. The prob is that we have converted our chances of which there has been a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    What concerns me is that if (when) we stay up then what can we expect? More of the same?

The Millers have been fairly buoyant over the last decade or so, new ground, two Wembley visits etc.

A diet of continuous struggle, hardly any wins, having to play negatively, problems attracting players, it can only lead to fan discontent and a drain on core support.

It will be great if we do stop up and a big feather in Paul Warne’s cap, but let’s be honest it’s not been the most entertaining season has it?
    All games seem the same level of excitement to me. Here's part of last night's humdinger

Posted at
    34'
    Delay in match Zak Vyner (Rotherham United) because of an injury.

Posted at
    32'
    Corner, Rotherham United. Conceded by Jake Bidwell.

Posted at
    29'
    Foul by Darnell Furlong (Queens Park Rangers).

Posted at
    29'
    Joe Newell (Rotherham United) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

Posted at
    27'
    Darnell Furlong (Queens Park Rangers) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

Posted at
    27'
    Foul by Semi Ajayi (Rotherham United).

Maybe next year we can get to play offs you may scoff at me but let’s face it the only thing we lack in our team is striker

I think hes drank the full glass of strong stuff

It's as mathematically possible as those tw ats at Westminster sorting out Brexit

I've loved every game, home and away. What's the point of keeping going if you don't enjoy the day out.4th bottom will do for me, 5th bottom next season and 6th bottom season after......incremental improvement at all times.....

My glass overflows most times......right up to the brim.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast