+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: O/T terrorist attack in New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    So let me summarise:

1. Someone starts a thread about a mass murder in New Zealand and expresses his condolences for those killed;
    2. GF and Jolly/Grist hijack said thread to pour out their usual tired old bigotry driven views about the Rotherham child abuse scandal (but they never seem to manage to take the time to express any sympathy for the victims of that when doing so);
    3. But it’s John who you seek to shout down and 'police' for suggesting that gf and Jolly/Grist are talking cobblers?

That’s some weird sense of morality/judgement that you have going on there sota.
    Hey, who's talking about me?

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    That a condolences thread has been hijacked by posters with bigoted views.
    That shouting down a poster for shouting down another poster is a tad hypocritical. Perhaps you only read part of the post?
    No I read it all but it's my choice as to which part of a post I wish to respond is it not?
    See John's post further up the page

My sympathiy & condolences to all the families involved in this awful tragedy
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 16-03-2019 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    No I read it all but it's my choice as to which part of a post I wish to respond is it not?

Indeed, and it's as predictable as sunrise that the usual suspects will try to defend the indefensible of Rotherham.

An interesting point in this tragedy is how the gunman's video was quickly removed. I've seen it and think it should be shown. Removing it somehow lessens the impact of this barbaric act. But hey, you guys aren't allowed to make your own minds up.

If you do get chance to see it, think twice, it's horrendous but has a surreal quality in that it looks like footage from a Playstation game.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Indeed, and it's as predictable as sunrise that the usual suspects will try to defend the indefensible of Rotherham.
    Wait, where have you seen someone defend the abuse in Rotherham? I've completely missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post

Of course it's your choice to respond to whatever you want to. And it's my right to think "here we go again - how sad" but having made my point I'll leave you to get on with it - enjoy

Roly is not your suggestion censorship?. Why not ban all politic threads on this football forum.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I think that to pass on condolences is a good thing to do BOTN but you can't divorce what happened from politics. The fact is this was carried out by people from a extreme right wing political group. They weren't some ordinary bods in the street or some lunatics. This was a planned operation.
    How many have put RIP? Suppose it doesn’t matter to some that innocent human beings are dead here

It’s disgusting that some actually wait for threads so that they can get their political view
    Across.
    Last edited by millertop; 16-03-2019 at 11:25 AM.

You could stovic but it would be a very bland site. There is an enormous amount of politics in football.

https://idrottsforum.org/articles/ta...ylor070117.pdf

Quite an old article but a lot still remains true.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 16-03-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Just gets a bit nasty sometimes on here

It's gets personal has well. We have all different views on politics and maybe we should all respect each others views.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast