+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Players not giving up on the title...

Players not giving up on the title...

I understand they've got to think like this but these types of articles are just depressing.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spor...opes-just-yet/

Ross County have won the league - the only question now is by how many points they will win it by - I think they will win with a 14 - 15 point margin.

The title is well gone . Let’s try to hang on for second spot at least

Mathematically, it's still up for grabs so I would expect no less from the players. Realistically, it feels like the fire has gone out of the season but there are still ***** points to play for. We need to get back on track tomorrow, regardless of events elsewhere.

With tonight's game being called off, it is actually possible that we could be only 2 points behind Ross County by the time we play QoS at home and they travel to Alloa on the 30th of March. Albeit, they would have 2 games in hand, but it would be interesting to see how they'd react with some pressure on them.

The team have proven themselves of not deserving optimism like that.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I understand they've got to think like this but these types of articles are just depressing.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spor...opes-just-yet/
    Been the same all season and maybe a whole lot longer. Maybe there is more of a focus on these articles because of where we are and the lack of action to back up the words.

No good saying now we can still win the league.

Very little chance and because of points thrown away over last few months v Partick, Falkirk and Alloa

..and if they came out & said, yeah, it's all over, we can't win the league, we're done for, I can only imagine the backlash on the forums.
    You cannot win.

As said in the enewsletter if and it’s a massive if, we win the next 2 games we will be 5pts behind County. Tha sad thing is that we never manage to do the unthinkable even although it should be within the capabilities of our squad!

The trouble is to win the title we, probably, need to win ALL our remaining games (and even then that may not be enough). Does anyone think this is remotely possible, given what we've seen this season?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)