Get your very own personalised football gifts!

Thread: Thoughts...

Thoughts...

Since there has been a lot of talk about Schar on here lately what is everyone's thoughts of him playing CDM? Do you think he would be any good in that position? I think he would be brilliant at CDM and its not like he hasn't played in that position before.

Quote Originally Posted by Davearmy View Post
    Since there has been a lot of talk about Schar on here lately what is everyone's thoughts of him playing CDM? Do you think he would be any good in that position? I think he would be brilliant at CDM and its not like he hasn't played in that position before.
    Having him playing there only makes sense if the system allows/needs someone in that position. Like with Mbemba, I think Schär could be a good DM or even a good CM. Rafa doesn’t seem to play with a proper DM but has in the past certainly had a thing for defensive-minded midfielders (Mascherano comes to mind).

The only way to find out is to take chances when there is little risk of falling at a hurdle.
    At the minute it's not broken so no need to fix anything.

I think he would do a good job in that position

I think he could do a job there but at minute the system works as it is so i'd leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I think he could do a job there but at minute the system works as it is so i'd leave it.
    Yeah i wouldn't put him at CDM unless it was completely necessary i was just thinking the way he likes to burst forward and run with the ball etc he could be a solid CDM/CM

It’s a pity merino left he could of been massive for us

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    It’s a pity merino left he could of been massive for us
    Aye i was gutted when he left i thought he was solid for us.