+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: James Shan

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Shan is very lucky so far, how we didn't lose at least 5-1 to Swansea is a mystery and again at Brentford if it wasn't for Edwards wonder goal. Johnstone has been suspect all season but has played a blinder the last two games. As to the next manager I seriously couldn't give a stuff, when you sack someone for getting you to the play offs and consider a manager who "Only took 3 seasons to reach the play offs with Fulham" when Moore did it in his first season you have to say that the club has totally lost its marbles. Everyone I speak to says the same, doesn't matter who they support. Here is a fact that I come up against in conversation...The championship is a very difficult league and just because we were in the Prem is no indication that you will go straight back up. We ARE doing great in our first season. If we do somehow manage to go up Moore should be part of the celebrations for what he did for 3/4 of the season.
    Boingy, you say Shan is very lucky so far. At least he is playing players in their correct positions, and not using the kamikaze play it out from the back idea that DM insisted on. Moore was very lucky also. We were very good to watch for Moore's first 10/15 matches but it has been very scary since, and the more he tinkered the worse it became.
    "Everyone you speak to" Anyone who doesn't support the Albion is not going to be aware of the poor performances, just the position we find ourselves in the table and the results.
    You "speak" to many fans on here. More than 50% on here could see the problems we had under Moore and wanted him gone.
    It would seem odd to an outsider that a club sitting 4th would dismiss their manager, but for anyone who watches/follows us it should have been aware that the man wasn't up to the job.
    I doubt any other club will give Moore a shot at managing their team but if they do I fear they will regret it.
    He is a nice bloke though.

Shan is very lucky so far, how we didn't lose at least 5-1 to Swansea is a mystery and again at Brentford if it wasn't for Edwards wonder goal. Johnstone has been suspect all season but has played a blinder the last two games. As to the next manager I seriously couldn't give a stuff, when you sack someone for getting you to the play offs and consider a manager who "Only took 3 seasons to reach the play offs with Fulham" when Moore did it in his first season you have to say that the club has totally lost its marbles. Everyone I speak to says the same, doesn't matter who they support. Here is a fact that I come up against in conversation...The championship is a very difficult league and just because we were in the Prem is no indication that you will go straight back up. We ARE doing great in our first season. If we do somehow manage to go up Moore should be part of the celebrations for what he did for 3/4 of the season.
    And “everybody” I’ve spoken to thinks Moore should’ve gone.

Do you want a national referendum?

Everyone you speak to - well that’s nobody presumably at the actual matches as you don’t go! Had you spent your hard earnt cash going to the matches you would have seen first hand how clueless Moore was with selections - formations - subs and no technical nous.

Had Moore been sacked earlier we would easily be in the top two. Do you seriously think the three teams above us are better than us? Why are they above us? Two words - managers - consistency!

Nice chap was our Darren but feckin clueless!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Everyone you speak to - well that’s nobody presumably at the actual matches as you don’t go! Had you spent your hard earnt cash going to the matches you would have seen first hand how clueless Moore was with selections - formations - subs and no technical nous.

Had Moore been sacked earlier we would easily be in the top two. Do you seriously think the three teams above us are better than us? Why are they above us? Two words - managers - consistency!

Nice chap was our Darren but feckin clueless!!!
    Farage fanboy and the board's general gobsh1te...

I've been to about half of our games this season, I didn't hear many dissenting voices at Moore. I was sitting in the Brentford end on Saturday and I could hear our fans singing 'there's only big Dave'...so I'm not sure where you're coming from.

Moore did a decent job, we probably have around the 4th largest budget in the division and were 4th in the league when he was sacked. He did a better job than other more experienced managers in the league such as Rowett and Bruce. He gave us the highest scoring team in the division and entertaining football, even if it was naive at times and he was slowly integrating younger players into the squad. I didn't and still don't understand the logic in sacking him.

Despite what you think, as I've already mentioned you're obviously not the brightest, this league was never going to be easy. We were never going to walk it and deluded fans like you who assume we should have walked it is one of the reasons he was chopped. The board looked like they had Jokanavic lined up for them to hit a stumbling block.

Might as well give it to Shan now. If Jokanavic isn't coming, I don't see who else is out there.

I don't think he's been lucky, Swansea are a very decent outfit. They showed that against Man City yesterday. He played to our strengths against them, let them have possesion and took advantage of their weakness which was on set pieces.

Against Brentford you could argue they shaded the first half, but we controlled the second half. It was a brilliant away performance against a side who had won 7 in a row at home.

I do agree with you about Moore though, should never have been sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Farage fanboy and the board's general gobsh1te...

I've been to about half of our games this season, I didn't hear many dissenting voices at Moore. I was sitting in the Brentford end on Saturday and I could hear our fans singing 'there's only big Dave'...so I'm not sure where you're coming from.

Moore did a decent job, we probably have around the 4th largest budget in the division and were 4th in the league when he was sacked. He did a better job than other more experienced managers in the league such as Rowett and Bruce. He gave us the highest scoring team in the division and entertaining football, even if it was naive at times and he was slowly integrating younger players into the squad. I didn't and still don't understand the logic in sacking him.

Despite what you think, as I've already mentioned you're obviously not the brightest, this league was never going to be easy. We were never going to walk it and deluded fans like you who assume we should have walked it is one of the reasons he was chopped. The board looked like they had Jokanavic lined up for them to hit a stumbling block.

Might as well give it to Shan now. If Jokanavic isn't coming, I don't see who else is out there.
    From the person who says all 17 million plus who voted out are thick and now Shan should get the job. You can’t make it up!!!

The board no doubt, will get more chapters of why we should remain - Johnson and Farage are thick blah blah blah. Anyone who has an opinion about why leave is best is shot down in flames by our political boy - not!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    From the person who says all 17 million plus who voted out are thick and now Shan should get the job. You can’t make it up!!!

The board no doubt, will get more chapters of why we should remain - Johnson and Farage are thick blah blah blah. Anyone who has an opinion about why leave is best is shot down in flames by our political boy - not!!!
    Nope, not 17m people.

Just you, and thick as pigsh1t as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    I knew a girl called Anita
    Who for breakfast always ate granita
    Her life long dream
    Was to manage a team
    And no one could ever beat her.

So Chris, Anita the tea lady might be a good shout!
    There was a young manager Darren,

Who’s brain was essentially barren,

Despite the goals he could bring,

He stuck Gayle on the wing,

And the tea lady’s name is actually KAREN!!

There’s no doubt in my mind that we rode our luck against Swansea. Their passing and movement off the ball were very good and at times they made us look static. However their finishing was poor, Johnstone had one of those nights and they defended like kids in a school playground. Rather like we have at times this season. Online claims from some that we were rubbish on the night are just that though, rubbish.

Football games involve two teams and although we weren’t great we looked threatening on the attack and ultimately we were more effective. Their hilarious attempt to convert a penalty which in my opinion should never have been awarded was pure comedy gold. I was delighted to celebrate our first home victory in the league since Boxing Day and only our second since beating Leeds on November 10th. Remember that date please as it will be of importance towards the end of this post.

Further I can assure you yesterday had nothing at all to do with luck. Brentford had their chances but Johnstone’s saves were nothing more than routine. The only time I felt worried was when Brentford played a diagonal ball over top which ultimately came to nothing. Well, then and while hurrying to the toilet at Euston prior to my return journey. Yesterday was a measured, controlled performance (especially so second half) and a fully deserved win against a decent team. If anything our margin of victory deserved to be wider. As an aside I am happy to report that I made it to the bog in time .

As for Darren Moore I really wanted him to succeed and wrote a lengthy piece in his defence back in January. It sang his praises while acknowledging some of my frustrations. I gave him an overall mark of B+/A- while hoping he would learn from his mistakes and achieve an end of year grade A. Unfortunately he didn’t learn from them, demonstrated very little if any sign of doing so and went onto make bigger and more costly ones. His grades slipped considerably and the writing was very much on the wall. Although gutted for him it’s mostly because he failed to make the most of the resources at his disposal. My concern now is that we don’t appear to have much of a plan going forward. Whatever the whys and wherefores of his dismissal though, one league win at home since November 10th simply wasn’t good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    There’s no doubt in my mind that we rode our luck against Swansea. Their passing and movement off the ball were very good and at times they made us look static. However their finishing was poor, Johnstone had one of those nights and they defended like kids in a school playground. Rather like we have at times this season. Online claims from some that we were rubbish on the night are just that though, rubbish.

Football games involve two teams and although we weren’t great we looked threatening on the attack and ultimately we were more effective. Their hilarious attempt to convert a penalty which in my opinion should never have been awarded was pure comedy gold. I was delighted to celebrate our first home victory in the league since Boxing Day and only our second since beating Leeds on November 10th. Remember that date please as it will be of importance towards the end of this post.

Further I can assure you yesterday had nothing at all to do with luck. Brentford had their chances but Johnstone’s saves were nothing more than routine. The only time I felt worried was when Brentford played a diagonal ball over top which ultimately came to nothing. Well, then and while hurrying to the toilet at Euston prior to my return journey. Yesterday was a measured, controlled performance (especially so second half) and a fully deserved win against a decent team. If anything our margin of victory deserved to be wider. As an aside I am happy to report that I made it to the bog in time .

As for Darren Moore I really wanted him to succeed and wrote a lengthy piece in his defence back in January. It sang his praises while acknowledging some of my frustrations. I gave him an overall mark of B+/A- while hoping he would learn from his mistakes and achieve an end of year grade A. Unfortunately he didn’t learn from them, demonstrated very little if any sign of doing so and went onto make bigger and more costly ones. His grades slipped considerably and the writing was very much on the wall. Although gutted for him it’s mostly because he failed to make the most of the resources at his disposal. My concern now is that we don’t appear to have much of a plan going forward. Whatever the whys and wherefores of his dismissal though, one league win at home since November 10th simply wasn’t good enough.
    I think that’s a very good and well put assessment 68. The results don’t lie but on another day IMO we could have gone in at HT 3 down to Swansea. Not sure what has happened to Johnstone as he’s like a new signing. I think the majority liked BD but it was obvious something wasn’t right with, as you say, mistakes being repeated and not learned from. Never got this desire to persist with playing out the back, even Chelsea gave up on it. It makes one wonder where we might have been given our miserable home record and the fact we are 4th. Typical Albion now finding ourselves in no mans land manager wise. My fear is I’m not sure what manager with real capability will come given we could be heading significantly in opposite directions at season end. Clearly, if the board had a plan to replace BD it’s gone pear shaped.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)