+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: James Shan

I just hope that this time we appoint somebody who is considered to be the right fit for the position and that finance isn't a factor in the process. I may be wrong but I feel that this has been an issue with past appointments. We have to get this one right.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmeras View Post
    It will be someone like Appleton who don't cost a lot
    I hope to christ it isn't Appleton but I see he's in the running. I'd imagine someone like Rowett will get it. I'd imagine they'd want Jokanavic who is the best realistic candidate but won't pay the money so it will be someone desperate for the job or currently looking for a club. Great eh?

I hope to god we are aren’t going to go down the sentimental route again by giving Shan the job.

We’ve had two good results but by all accounts we’ve been outplayed in both matches and had very low possession stats and Johnstone has had two very impressive matches in goal.

This is hardly the blueprint we need for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I hope to god we are aren’t going to go down the sentimental route again by giving Shan the job.

We’ve had two good results but by all accounts we’ve been outplayed in both matches and had very low possession stats and Johnstone has had two very impressive matches in goal.

This is hardly the blueprint we need for the club.

After Moore going, only a complete knob would say Shan should be given the opportunity! The clue is - all 17 million who voted out are all thick

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    After Moore going, only a complete knob would say Shan should be given the opportunity! The clue is - all 17 million who voted out are all thick
    It is a results driven business, however, this is West Brom, so anything can happen or perhaps nothing will happen.

Got a feeling that we've waited for today's games to be out of the way before approaching Preston for Neil.

No need to give Shan the job. Leave it as it is until the end of the season or until someone suitable becomes available who wants the job and we want him.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    No need to give Shan the job. Leave it as it is until the end of the season or until someone suitable becomes available who wants the job and we want him.
    That’s exactly what we should do. Any potential manager who is any good will want assurances on budgets and personnel for next year that we cannot give until we know where we’ll be playing.

Shan is very lucky so far, how we didn't lose at least 5-1 to Swansea is a mystery and again at Brentford if it wasn't for Edwards wonder goal. Johnstone has been suspect all season but has played a blinder the last two games. As to the next manager I seriously couldn't give a stuff, when you sack someone for getting you to the play offs and consider a manager who "Only took 3 seasons to reach the play offs with Fulham" when Moore did it in his first season you have to say that the club has totally lost its marbles. Everyone I speak to says the same, doesn't matter who they support. Here is a fact that I come up against in conversation...The championship is a very difficult league and just because we were in the Prem is no indication that you will go straight back up. We ARE doing great in our first season. If we do somehow manage to go up Moore should be part of the celebrations for what he did for 3/4 of the season.

Honestly I thought DM was sacked because we had already lined up Jokanavic. There was a window of opportunity to sign him up and we would take it. We were given the impression a swift appointment would be made. Or please tell me if I’ve dreamt this up. Maybe I’m hearing voices.
    All this fake news about him having more talks last Monday and expecting an announcement by Wednesday was in truth total bolloxxk.
    So now the dust has settled it does appear that we just sacked him and trusted good fortune and following wind that it would all come good. The plan was based on rolling the dice.
    Maybe last Saturday had some lucky significance in the Chinese calendar. They can be a superstitious lot at times and partial to speculative punt.
    But in all seriousness this is not a game for us fans , a bit of fun to indulge in.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)