+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: James Shan

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    The bookies so often get things right but surely James Shan at 1/2 as our next permanent Manager is just ridiculous. Must some value in betting against him but no idea who to put my few quid on.
    The cheapest option Yarm!!! Toss up between Shan and Anita the tea lady!!! The club is a shambles!!! Sacking Moore is one thing but possibly replacing him with someone else who lacks experience at this level - is a complete and utter joke. Swansea should have buried us and would have done on another day. Playing Russian Roulette with promotion - well only West Brom could do that!!

Joke of a club!

The bookies so often get things right but surely James Shan at 1/2 as our next permanent Manager is just ridiculous. Must some value in betting against him but no idea who to put my few quid on.
    Firstly Yarm, don't bet on anything that can talk, far more money in those that eat hay and fart a lot, as opposed to Albion who only fart about...
    The one thing about James Shan being head coach is it creates something of interest to see whether he will succeed this season, I am not interested in him doing it in the Premiership because it will probably be an impossible task with very little financial backing from the club or owners.
    Could be tempted to break the rule and have a look at the odds for promotion...just did and Baggies are 11/4 for promotion, could be worth backing James Shan for that.

I know he has only done it for two games but as Mr Lai's counterpart said "a thousand mile march begins with one step". Boing boing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Firstly Yarm, don't bet on anything that can talk, far more money in those that eat hay and fart a lot, as opposed to Albion who only fart about...
    The one thing about James Shan being head coach is it creates something of interest to see whether he will succeed this season, I am not interested in him doing it in the Premiership because it will probably be an impossible task with very little financial backing from the club or owners.
    Could be tempted to break the rule and have a look at the odds for promotion...just did and Baggies are 11/4 for promotion, could be worth backing James Shan for that.

I know he has only done it for two games but as Mr Lai's counterpart said "a thousand mile march begins with one step". Boing boing!!!
    Get your point GLM - but the same was said about Darren Moore who had more experience!!!

If we don’t go up this year any other year would be even more difficult. So are you happy to play Russian Roulette with Shan?

Not guaranteed promotion under anyone with experience but at least it would give satisfaction - we tried!!!

Again typical West Brom - cheap cheap cheap

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Get your point GLM - but the same was said about Darren Moore who had more experience!!!

If we don’t go up this year any other year would be even more difficult. So are you happy to play Russian Roulette with Shan?

Not guaranteed promotion under anyone with experience but at least it would give satisfaction - we tried!!!

Again typical West Brom - cheap cheap cheap
    Not entirely happy no, but trying to make something of interest, something to follow instead of just blathering on about someone I want to manage the club but don't have a snowball in hell's chance of getting it, so I've just turned to what we have and try to conjure up some positives in a real world.

We were still in the Premiership when I said what happened to Darren Moore would happen, never been a fan, it always does, not sure how Moore had moore experience than Shan as James has come all the way through the ranks coaching wise, it's a natural progression as in any company, Darren was, is liked for his playing exploits for West Brom, personally I always thought he was just a big umpalumpa of a player, but that is by the by and well and truly history now. No Russian Roulette with Darren....all six chambers had bullets and certain death was looming.

Follow Chairman Shan on his thousand mile march...Boing boing !!!

!
    Great advice GLM. Had my best ever Cheltenham this year with tactic of restricting myself to 3 or 4 bets per day on horses I know something about. Up £300 on the first day with 6 winners out of 7 including Espoir d’Allen at 20/1. Modest profit of £50 over the next 2 days with 3 winners out of 8 bets. Plenty in the kitty now for my visit to Aintree for the first 2 days of the festival there.
    Will forget about any value there may or may not be in the new Baggies permanent Manager.

Great advice GLM. Had my best ever Cheltenham this year with tactic of restricting myself to 3 or 4 bets per day on horses I know something about. Up £300 on the first day with 6 winners out of 7 including Espoir d’Allen at 20/1. Modest profit of £50 over the next 2 days with 3 winners out of 8 bets. Plenty in the kitty now for my visit to Aintree for the first 2 days of the festival there.
    Will forget about any value there may or may not be in the new Baggies permanent Manager.
    Must have been an easy Cheltenham this year then Yarm because I made good money on 3 days but lost 50% of my stakes on the last day. Good luck with Aintree buddy.

Must have been an easy Cheltenham this year then Yarm because I made good money on 3 days but lost 50% of my stakes on the last day. Good luck with Aintree buddy.
    Easy Cheltenham, never. However didn’t have a bet last day which helped.

I think Alex McLeish is the man you want!

[QUOTE=samhubball;39177419]I think Alex McLeish is the man you want![/QUO

No previous experience of managing a top club so it's a no from me.

[QUOTE=9goals2hattricks3pen;39177440]
    Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    I think Alex McLeish is the man you want![/QUO

No previous experience of managing a top club so it's a no from me.
    But that's why I thought he would be the perfect fit. I mean, he could be manager of the pride of Midlands if the baggies offered him a job. Well, discounting Wolves, and the Villa of course.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)