+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: The ultimate hypocrite. DON'T READ IF OFFENDED BY POLITICAL FREDS

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    MPs haven't handled negotiations. May and her tory ministers have. The national humiliation claimed by 90% is down to her not MPs who were badly wronged when she tried to throw parliament under the bus the other night. Now they're being told to travel together for their own safety. What have we come to? May lost any last chance when she blamed the people she needs votes from for her own failings.

Plus Fox 'easiest deal in history' who now waves a bit of paper about Leichtenstein. Brexit secretary Davis looking for his individual deals with France and Germany. Raab was another who did a runner when the going got tough. And now Barclay who pleads with MP to do one thing and then immediately marches off to the opposite lobby to vote against it.

It's this tory 'PM" and her incompetent ministers who have made a mockery of this country. No wonder the polls have swung so much in favour of staying in the EU.
    Yes the Tories and May have made a pigs ear of brexit but don't think the opposition parties have covered themselves in glory going against what their constituents voted for in many cases. quite a few of those MPs from all sides will be looking for new jobs at the next election imo.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Yes the Tories and May have made a pigs ear of brexit but don't think the opposition parties have covered themselves in glory going against what their constituents voted for in many cases. quite a few of those MPs from all sides will be looking for new jobs at the next election imo.
    And these failures will be replaced by more of the same. Don't you realise that it's the institution of Parliament that is to blame rather than the individuals who staff it. It needs root and branch reorganisation.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    And these failures will be replaced by more of the same. Don't you realise that it's the institution of Parliament that is to blame rather than the individuals who staff it. It needs root and branch reorganisation.
    How would you reorganise parliament into an institution that doesn't involve people voting on whether they think something is a good idea or not?

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    There's no short cut to a 2nd vote right now but it will happen in some form - even in the guise of a general election after the tories change their leader.

Agree with you that no deal won't be allowed to happen over the next few weeks (it could later if UK voted in a new brexit parliament)
    and that May threw any chance she had by attacking MPs.

The important battles will be after the current deadlock is broken. May has wasted 3 years. What has she achieved apart from dividing the nation even more than it already was? The worst PM in history has to go. Brexiters will have to accept their Govt fckued up and the price to stay in the game is a long extension.

Last night’s developments have obviously changed things quite a bit. If/when May doesn’t get her deal through next week, there’s likely to be indicative votes. Obviously the Tories will then probably want to get rid of May, and unless she resigns they would have to vote her government out in a motion of no confidence.

I agree that a General Election then becomes much more probable, as it seems unlikely that Corbyn will be able to form a government on the current numbers. I still think that’s now much more likely than the current parliament voting for a 2nd referendum. The EU have now officially given the green light for any democratic process and the appropriate time that helps us to sort out what we want to do.

If there’s still deadlock and it’s getting closer to the 11th April, then revocation appears on the horizon again.

Sadly the swamp will never be drained. I've always voted in every general election that I was eligible for. Next time, for the first time, I've no idea who to vote for. What a bloody mess.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Last night’s developments have obviously changed things quite a bit. If/when May doesn’t get her deal through next week, there’s likely to be indicative votes. Obviously the Tories will then probably want to get rid of May, and unless she resigns they would have to vote her government out in a motion of no confidence.

I agree that a General Election then becomes much more probable, as it seems unlikely that Corbyn will be able to form a government on the current numbers. I still think that’s now much more likely than the current parliament voting for a 2nd referendum. The EU have now officially given the green light for any democratic process and the appropriate time that helps us to sort out what we want to do.

If there’s still deadlock and it’s getting closer to the 11th April, then revocation appears on the horizon again.
    So, do you believe revocation will end this?

The retraction of withdrawal will turn this country on its head politics wise.
    If you believe folks will just shrug their shoulders and say "whatever", you're dafter than I thought you was.

I hear many things on here about the rise of far right terrorism.
    Well congratulations, this one act will open the door to any opportunist party to seize on discontent among the masses.
    "mein kampf" anyone?

According to the petitions site only 45% of votes come from the UK - how many overseas pies are voting 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I hear many things on here about the rise of far right terrorism.
    Well congratulations, this one act will open the door to any opportunist party to seize on discontent among the masses.
    "mein kampf" anyone?
    The knuckle-draggers will be attracted, but not in sufficient numbers to make any political impact. Whatever the eventual outcome of this fiasco, we are stuck with Conservatives or Labour for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    "mein kampf" anyone?
    No, I don't want to borrow your well-thumbed copy, pages spunked together

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    According to the petitions site only 45% of votes come from the UK - how many overseas pies are voting 🤔
    Not saying I don't believe you but do you have a link to that?

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast