+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: The ultimate hypocrite. DON'T READ IF OFFENDED BY POLITICAL FREDS

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post

I hear many things on here about the rise of far right terrorism.
    Well congratulations, this one act will open the door to any opportunist party to seize on discontent among the masses.
    "mein kampf" anyone?
    I don't hear many things about far right terrorism on here, I hear mostly silence.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

If there’s still deadlock and it’s getting closer to the 11th April, then revocation appears on the horizon again.
    Good stuff BFP but this is one option I think we can rule out this parliament ever voting on without a ref/GE.
    May's last act is likely to be announcing a long extension as the men in grey suits (just beating the ones in white coats to it) usher her out the door

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    So, do you believe revocation will end this?

The retraction of withdrawal will turn this country on its head politics wise.
    If you believe folks will just shrug their shoulders and say "whatever", you're dafter than I thought you was.

I hear many things on here about the rise of far right terrorism.
    Well congratulations, this one act will open the door to any opportunist party to seize on discontent among the masses.
    "mein kampf" anyone?
    I wasn’t commenting on what I thought about revocation, I was speculating on what might happen in the next few weeks, after the announcements from last night. Even an idiot would realise this, but I’m not sure you’re intelligent enough to qualify even for that status.

If it was up to me, I would revoke now. I find the threats from people like you of civil disorder in that event laughable, to be treated as seriously as the complaints of my 12 year old when he’s told to tidy his room. Brexiters have had their chance, and completely blown it.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Good stuff BFP but this is one option I think we can rule out this parliament ever voting on without a ref/GE.
    May's last act is likely to be announcing a long extension as the men in grey suits (just beating the ones in white coats to it) usher her out the door
    I agree about revocation. The UK has the right to revoke without permission from the EU so it would be a way of regaining some bargaining power (ahem, taking back control if you will) but it would be so massively unpopular politically as to make it impossible without an election or referendum first. And even then you would imagine it article 50 would be revoked just to declare it again straight away and give us an extra 2 years to negotiate.

By the way I still can't make my mind up whether May is utterly incompetent or a breathtakingly sharp Machiavellian mind.

Last night she went to meet the EU leaders, spoke for 90 minutes but said absloutely nothing, was asked 3 times what her plan B is, to which she replied 3 times 'plan A will be fine', effectively forcing her counterparts to think of a plan B for her.

That is either shockingly incompetent or pure genius!

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    By the way I still can't make my mind up whether May is utterly incompetent or a breathtakingly sharp Machiavellian mind.

Last night she went to meet the EU leaders, spoke for 90 minutes but said absloutely nothing, was asked 3 times what her plan B is, to which she replied 3 times 'plan A will be fine', effectively forcing her counterparts to think of a plan B for her.

That is either shockingly incompetent or pure genius!
    Don't know mate, but I think can rule out the 'genius'! Begrudgingly, you have to say she's 'a survivor' with all the cunning necessary to string out her own interests and protect her position. She's the one in the Hunger Games scavenging berries as all the others die.
    But I think we can rule out that she's any kind of 'strategist' as ****storm after ****storm proves. She's served so long because the tories have had no better bet to get Brexit done without splitting their party. Her luck runs out as soon the ruthless tories see that she no longer serves a purpose.

How would you reorganise parliament into an institution that doesn't involve people voting on whether they think something is a good idea or not?
    Come on, Diller, you're brighter than that. Voting will always be the main decision-making procedure but it is so cumbersome and unnecessarily time-wasting. The procedures of this institution are ancient and totally unaligned with the modern age. The Lords should be used as a proper advisory body rather than an expensive and ineffective luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Come on, Diller, you're brighter than that. Voting will always be the main decision-making procedure but it is so cumbersome and unnecessarily time-wasting. The procedures of this institution are ancient and totally unaligned with the modern age. The Lords should be used as a proper advisory body rather than an expensive and ineffective luxury.
    Why is it cumbersome and time wasting? You schedule a vote and vote on it. Last week we even saw votes scheduled from one day to the next.

Don't know mate, but I think can rule out the 'genius'! Begrudgingly, you have to say she's 'a survivor' with all the cunning necessary to string out her own interests and protect her position. She's the one in the Hunger Games scavenging berries as all the others die.
    But I think we can rule out that she's any kind of 'strategist' as ****storm after ****storm proves. She's served so long because the tories have had no better bet to get Brexit done without splitting their party. Her luck runs out as soon the ruthless tories see that she no longer serves a purpose.
    I agree that she's a human shield who for some unfathomable reason has volunteered to walk through the sh1tstorm that is Brexit so that BoJo, Davies and Rees-Mogg don't have to, but what happened last night was so remarkable I do wonder if she is using chaos theory to her advantage!

I agree that she's a human shield who for some unfathomable reason has volunteered to walk through the sh1tstorm that is Brexit so that BoJo, Davies and Rees-Mogg don't have to, but what happened last night was so remarkable I do wonder if she is using chaos theory to her advantage!
    Maybe I missed something falling asleep last night. How is anything that happened yesterday to her advantage?
    I think she only gets 1 more go at her crappy deal and then it's curtains for her

Maybe I missed something falling asleep last night. How is anything that happened yesterday to her advantage?
    I think she only gets 1 more go at her crappy deal and then it's curtains for her
    It's not really to her advantage - in the great scheme of things nothing is because she's got an essentially impossible job - but I was just remarking on the fact that if you don't do your job you effectively force someone else to do it for you.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast