+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: The ultimate hypocrite. DON'T READ IF OFFENDED BY POLITICAL FREDS

All this Brexit stuff and Notts predicament........ well at least Scotland's performance cheered me up.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Nice to hear from our resident Moscow correspondent. Last I heard that giant of democracy Putin was lecturing us on how a second referendum would be “against the will of the people”, but I’m sure you can update us.
    Moscow?

I'd thought a commie like you would be insanely jealous?
    Or am I 30 years too late? Yep that's it.
    Romantic breaks in old East Germany have lost there appeal these days.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    Isn't it fun to listen to children play. The fantasy worlds that they create are amazing..........eventually they tend to grow up.
    In that case it might be more interesting if you explained to us what's happening in the real world.

Anyone can do meaningless patronising stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    I love people using hyperbole like “crash out”
    For “people” read the EU, our government, virtually all economists, virtually all trade experts, the CBI and the TUC. That’s just for starters. Still, Ian Duncan Smith and John Redwood reckon we might be alright so let’s listen to them instead

For “people” read the EU, our government, virtually all economists, virtually all trade experts, the CBI and the TUC. That’s just for starters. Still, Ian Duncan Smith and John Redwood reckon we might be alright so let’s listen to them instead
    My mate Steve thinks we'll be alright and he's a team leader in the warehouse so he probably knows what he's talking about too.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    My mate Steve thinks we'll be alright and he's a team leader in the warehouse so he probably knows what he's talking about too.
    I think I know him he also said in 10 years time the EU will be a fantastic organisation.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 22-03-2019 at 12:45 AM.

Trade experts? The only 'trade experts' are the people who actually go out and close the deals. CBI and especially the TUC are Tossers. You have a product that you think may sell ...... you get off your arse, put your money where your mouth is .... and go and sell it! You may fail and go bankrupt as many do but remember the old saying "It's better to try and fail than not try at all".

....... IDC and John Redwood also Tossers by the way. By the way Fatman I agree for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I'm sure Steve knows his stuff!

There will be a period of quite intense turbulence, and it could be quite an extended period, but that's only natural if you've been locked into a particular way of working for 40-odd years. It's a bit like heroin addition. The longer someone has been on it, the more difficult it is to break the habit, but it's still better for them if they do!

The people whose argument is that we shouldn't leave the EU because it is too difficult and that it carries too many consequences are making one of the strongest arguments for leaving the EU. Why would any sovereign country tie themselves into a mechanism designed to make it progressively more difficult to leave with ease?

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    No, they are on not 'the same polls' those were on different subjects and held years ago.

The polls I'm speaking about on all the recent ones on brexit that show a clear 57% for staying in the EU

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8831241.html

Or the most recent one which said 90% say Brexit has been a national humiliation

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-90...-poll-11670995

And all the other 'recent' polls on 'Brexit'.
    You can dress it up as much as you like to suit your opinion but polls are not reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    You can dress it up as much as you like to suit your opinion but polls are not reliable.
    Especially when the majority of them go against your way of thinking!

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast