+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: OT: The ultimate hypocrite. DON'T READ IF OFFENDED BY POLITICAL FREDS

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Ridiculous.

The majority of the country have voted to leave, the rest is conjecture and speculation, and the vote must be carried out by the inept, self serving pigs in government no matter how much they dont want to do it.

The only further referendum should be whether, given the details, we should take the governments reluctant best offer or ‘No Deal’.

Why is it so hard for people, adults to boot, to understand the very most basic principles of democracy?
    Just have to point out that the 'majority of the country' did not vote to leave, rather it was the majority of those who turned out to vote that day.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Yeah. Very crude maths, but scroll down to United Kingdom and it’ll show you the number of signatures from there (approx 3.4m) and you can work it out as a percentage of the overall total.

Ridiculous.

The majority of the country have voted to leave, the rest is conjecture and speculation, and the vote must be carried out by the inept, self serving pigs in government no matter how much they dont want to do it.

The only further referendum should be whether, given the details, we should take the governments reluctant best offer or ‘No Deal’.

Why is it so hard for people, adults to boot, to understand the very most basic principles of democracy?
    Where can I read more about these “basic principles of democracy”? Are they in a book?

To quote a proper scholar; “A referendum can be either democratic or irreversible, but it cannot be both”.

Ridiculous.

The idea of leaving without a deal was not seriously suggested or considered by the winning campaign during the referendum. It has no more democratic legitimacy than remaining without a vote does.

People can think that it’s a good idea, but the idea that it’s an accurate reflection of the winning campaign is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Elite - I have emailed the picture to you - would you be so kind as to post it.

I may be stupid but make this up I did not.
    I'm afraid I don't know how to post what you sent, but it's interesting you didn't post the full table as it makes no sense at all. The bit you have now managed to post does indeed back up your 55% claim, but if you look at all the other numbers 1,522,238 are missing!!!!

Hopefully someone will be capable of posting it, but this is what the full table says - out of 2,783,605 only 1,261,367 are from the UK. It then lists the votes from the next 19 countries with the number made from each. At the top is France with 10,563 down to Norway at the bottom with 465. If you add the numbers from the top 19 countries outside the UK the total is only 43,337! This leaves the 1,522,2238 unaccounted votes. Even if all the countries in 21st or below voted just 1 vote below Norway, it would need votes from 3,280 countries to make up the shortfall!

I can see where you got your figures from, but that table shows they are complete and utter bullsh!t. You managed to get a headline image, so now show the full table.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm afraid I don't know how to post what you sent, but it's interesting you didn't post the full table as it makes no sense at all. The bit you have now managed to post does indeed back up your 55% claim, but if you look at all the other numbers 1,522,238 are missing!!!!

Hopefully someone will be capable of posting it, but this is what the full table says - out of 2,783,605 only 1,261,367 are from the UK. It then lists the votes from the next 19 countries with the number made from each. At the top is France with 10,563 down to Norway at the bottom with 465. If you add the numbers from the top 19 countries outside the UK the total is only 43,337! This leaves the 1,522,2238 unaccounted votes. Even if all the countries in 21st or below voted just 1 vote below Norway, it would need votes from 3,280 countries to make up the shortfall!

I can see where you got your figures from, but that table shows they are complete and utter bullsh!t. You managed to get a headline image, so now show the full table.
    The only reason I didn't post the whole table was it was too big a file so I had to crop it.
    FYI it only showed the top 20 countries and I can't argue with your analysis but I'm glad you now agree that I didn't make the 45% up.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Where can I read more about these “basic principles of democracy”? Are they in a book?

To quote a proper scholar; “A referendum can be either democratic or irreversible, but it cannot be both”.
    I don’t know of any such book, but im sure any primary school library will be able to enlighten you on the math that if Jonny Yellow Hat gets 2 votes and Billy Blue Hat gets one vote then, you guessed it, Jonny Yellow Hat wins the election.....democracy for children.

You’ve been misled by someone manipulating the data for their own ends, basically. It happens.

Hopefully I've worked out how to post the full table:

How the f*ck does that work out at 55% outside the UK?

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast