+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: OT: The ultimate hypocrite. DON'T READ IF OFFENDED BY POLITICAL FREDS

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    The only reason I didn't post the whole table was it was too big a file so I had to crop it.
    FYI it only showed the top 20 countries and I can't argue with your analysis but I'm glad you now agree that I didn't make the 45% up.
    You didn't make the 45% up, but they certainly did!

If remain had over 16m votes then it is bound to get 3m plus on a petition !

The whole thing is a complete farce and it’s obvious we aren’t going to leave the EU they might as well come clean and admit it.

Then once they have done that I can tell my local council to not bother sending me anymore voting papers as this is going to open a can of worms.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    The idea of leaving without a deal was not seriously suggested or considered by the winning campaign during the referendum. It has no more democratic legitimacy than remaining without a vote does.

People can think that it’s a good idea, but the idea that it’s an accurate reflection of the winning campaign is simply wrong.
    The idea of the winning campaign was to leave the EU. Leaving without a deal is leaving the EU, and as such the mandate is fulfilled, As it will be when we take whatever dregs of a deal our Remainer PM can come up with.

Going back to my original point, the only further referendum we should have now we have decided to leave the EU is whether to leave with No Deal, or Mrs Mays deal. Everything else is irrelevant.

Leaving without a deal is still more democratic than going back on a vote which the majority of the population has already voted for. Whether people think it is a good idea or not, democracy has been served and must be adhered to, I’m afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Ridiculous.

The majority of the country have voted to leave, the rest is conjecture and speculation, and the vote must be carried out by the inept, self serving pigs in government no matter how much they dont want to do it.

The only further referendum should be whether, given the details, we should take the governments reluctant best offer or ‘No Deal’.

Why is it so hard for people, adults to boot, to understand the very most basic principles of democracy?
    I don’t know of any such book, but im sure any primary school library will be able to enlighten you on the math that if Jonny Yellow Hat gets 2 votes and Billy Blue Hat gets one vote then, you guessed it, Jonny Yellow Hat wins the election.....democracy for children.
    The idea of the winning campaign was to leave the EU. Leaving without a deal is leaving the EU, and as such the mandate is fulfilled, As it will be when we take whatever dregs of a deal our Remainer PM can come up with.
    Then why did they not campaign to leave the EU without a deal? (Clue - they would have lost)

I believe that a fundamental part of being a democracy is holding politicians to account when they make promises in election campaigns which are then proven to be undeliverable.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Then why did they not campaign to leave the EU without a deal? (Clue - they would have lost)

I believe that a fundamental part of being a democracy is holding politicians to account when they make promises in election campaigns which are then proven to be undeliverable.
    Do you? Then why don’t you make a big fuss after literally every general election when promises are broken as easy as the lies were told in the first place.

Are you suggesting that if, for example, during a general election campaign, The Tories promised to lower taxes and then when they didn’t deliver on it once in power you would want another election based on their promises not being delivered? You do realise your proposition would end in endless, pointless, elections when people don’t get the outcome they want.

This whole re-run the referendum nonsense reeks of nothing but petulant spoilt brat syndrome.
    Last edited by TSANHO; 22-03-2019 at 09:17 PM.

This whole re-run the referendum nonsense reeks of nothing but petulant spoilt brat syndrome.
    To me it reeks of common sense.

Why should we blindly adhere to a vote narrowly won by the best liars which has since proved to unworkable?

And that's exactly how it looks from the other side. Leave won by a narrow margin and that side had three years to construct the glorious Brexit we were promised. But the reality was a disaster which totally ignored the wishes of the 48% and still can't get agreed. If the eventual outcome is going to be so wonderful why are you all so afraid of confirming that the chosen version of Brexit is the right one that the majority choose ? Surely it will be just be a massive confirmation ?

Do you? Then why don’t you make a big fuss after literally every general election when promises are broken as easy as the lies were told in the first place.

Are you suggesting that if, for example, during a general election campaign, The Tories promised to lower taxes and then when they didn’t deliver on it once in power you would want another election based on their promises not being delivered? You do realise your proposition would end in endless, pointless, elections when people don’t get the outcome they want.

Our system is literally based on the fact that, if a party lies to get into power, you can punish them at the next election. Look at what happened to the Lib Dems.

Elite - Read the middle paragraph from the post above yours. I’m not sure what else to respond with and not repeat myself.

French - It would have made more sense to have not had a Pro-Remainer appointed PM responsible for over seeing Brexit negotiations. This still sits funny with me, like there was never any appetite for it to go through from the start....I still think we won’t leave.

Jacob - They are all a lying bunch of trough guzzling pigs, you can punish one set of them only by electing more of the same. Do you believe it makes any difference what colour party you vote for?

The expenses scandal was proof enough that they’re all the same.

Elite - Read the middle paragraph from the post above yours. I’m not sure what else to respond with and not repeat myself.

French - It would have made more sense to have not had a Pro-Remainer appointed PM responsible for over seeing Brexit negotiations. This still sits funny with me, like there was never any appetite for it to go through from the start....I still think we won’t leave.

Jacob - They are all a lying bunch of trough guzzling pigs, you can punish one set of them only by electing more of the same. Do you believe it makes any difference what colour party you vote for?

The expenses scandal was proof enough that they’re all the same.
    Agree with your last sentence completely.

Also agree with your post #155.

Irrespective of whether we like or dislike the eventual outcome, the vote must be adhered to otherwise we are finished as a Democracy. No if's or but's ..... the votes were cast. Parliament of all parties voted overwhelmingly to hold the referendum so no particular doubts VOTED by 84% of them at that time. Personally at my time of life whatever the outcome, I'll be fine and carry on enjoying the rest of my days. Possibly a selfish statement but in all honesty I don't think any one of us can possibly forecast what the outcome of Leave may bring or conversely vice versa. We can only leave it to our democratically elected masters in parliament.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast