+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: The ultimate hypocrite. DON'T READ IF OFFENDED BY POLITICAL FREDS

OT: The ultimate hypocrite. DON'T READ IF OFFENDED BY POLITICAL FREDS

Can there be any better example of how screwed-up our politics is than the position taken yesterday by the Brexit Secretary, Stephen Barclay. (Are you reading, Roger, he's the MP for NE Cambridge s h i t e)
    This pillock gave a passionate 10 minute speech in Parliament yesterday, urging members from all parties to vote in the lobby in favour of an extension period to Brexit beyond March 29th.
    The same man then went to the vote himself and voted AGAINST the extension (it was a free vote). It's not just the parties that lack consistency, even the individuals within them do. I hope his Parliamentary supporters let him know exactly what they think of him.

It's beyond belief and shows that our political system is sick.
    What happened to integrity? Standing up for what you believe? To tories like him, politics is just a game. Make a speech urging all to walk through the 'extend' lobby and then head straight off to block it. Are these the type of people we want to represent us?

I do agree with both of you and especially the standing up for what you believe line.......that line is now replaced with "I will do what is best for my career but i'll say something different to the average Joe" !

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Can there be any better example of how screwed-up our politics is than the position taken yesterday by the Brexit Secretary, Stephen Barclay. (Are you reading, Roger, he's the MP for NE Cambridge s h i t e)
    This pillock gave a passionate 10 minute speech in Parliament yesterday, urging members from all parties to vote in the lobby in favour of an extension period to Brexit beyond March 29th.
    The same man then went to the vote himself and voted AGAINST the extension (it was a free vote). It's not just the parties that lack consistency, even the individuals within them do. I hope his Parliamentary supporters let him know exactly what they think of him.
    Oh, I'm not offended, sid, I'm just wondering if anyone posts freds about Notts County on the Grauniad's political pages.

Splendid idea. I’ll try next week and let you know what happens!!

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Sh1t , curiosity got the better of me.

I'm really don't care any more. I would go for the option that pisses Yvette Cooper off the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I'm really don't care any more. I would go for the option that pisses Yvette Cooper off the most.
    Is the right answer

Serious question, are there any leave supporters willing to say enough is enough about the way May is trying to force her Brexit through parliament.

On top of the original lies, illegal campaigning and foreign interference we can add

bribes to the DUP
    bribes to some Labour MPs in leave constituencies
    "Contempt of parliament' ruling for withholding information
    breaking 'pairs' agreements in parliamentary votes
    multiple votes for her deal but ruling out other votes
    endless playing for time
    threatening to break international treaties
    and god knows what other shenanigans to make people give their vote...

Don't you think this demeans us all?
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 16-03-2019 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Serious question, are there any leave supporters willing to say enough is enough about the way May is trying to force her Brexit through parliament.

On top of the original lies, illegal campaigning and foreign interference we can add

bribes to the DUP
    bribes to some Labour MPs in leave constituencies
    "Contempt of parliament' ruling for withholding information
    breaking 'pairs' agreements in parliamentary votes
    multiple votes for her deal but ruling out other votes
    endless playing for time
    threatening to break international treaties
    and god knows what other shenanigans to make people give their vote...

Don't you think this demeans us all?
    I think the majority of leave supporters are sick to death of May and her cronies regarding her/their handling of brexit.
    She should have gone after the last election and left the negotiating to people who believed in what they were doing.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast