+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: The ultimate hypocrite. DON'T READ IF OFFENDED BY POLITICAL FREDS

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Why is it cumbersome and time wasting? You schedule a vote and vote on it. Last week we even saw votes scheduled from one day to the next.
    If you can spare the time, read this. It has many excellent ideas for de-institutionalising Parliament, sharpening procedures and making it more user-friendly and inclusive.

http://www.democraticaudit.com/2018/...sent-citizens/

It's not really to her advantage - in the great scheme of things nothing is because she's got an essentially impossible job - but I was just remarking on the fact that if you don't do your job you effectively force someone else to do it for you.
    Ah, get you now. That must've been the longest 90 mins of their lives. Imagine the relief when the daft old robot eventually left for them to sort it out for her.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    If you can spare the time, read this. It has many excellent ideas for de-institutionalising Parliament, sharpening procedures and making it more user-friendly and inclusive.

http://www.democraticaudit.com/2018/...sent-citizens/
    It's quite interesting but I don't see the relevance to what we're talking about here.

It's quite interesting but I don't see the relevance to what we're talking about here.
    Then we're not talking about the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    According to the petitions site only 45% of votes come from the UK - how many overseas pies are voting 🤔
    Remember when you were droning on about a petition for no deal reaching 300,000?

Funny how you saw that as important, but you see one with 10 times as many signatures as irrelevant!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I'm sure Steve knows his stuff!

There will be a period of quite intense turbulence, and it could be quite an extended period, but that's only natural if you've been locked into a particular way of working for 40-odd years. It's a bit like heroin addition. The longer someone has been on it, the more difficult it is to break the habit, but it's still better for them if they do!

The people whose argument is that we shouldn't leave the EU because it is too difficult and that it carries too many consequences are making one of the strongest arguments for leaving the EU. Why would any sovereign country tie themselves into a mechanism designed to make it progressively more difficult to leave with ease?
    People didn’t vote for an ‘extended period of intense turbulence’, though, did they?

I am largely bored of the whole thing now, but the only option that even remotely reflects what people voted for and were promised is May’s deal. Anything else really should require another referendum to have any democratic legitimacy at all, whether that’s remaining or leaving without a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Then we're not talking about the same thing.
    We're talking about Brexit.

You said the institution of parliament is to blame for the current problems, in particular the fact that its processes are time consuming and cumbersome.

Not saying I don't believe you but do you have a link to that?
    On Guido Fawkes website

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Remember when you were droning on about a petition for no deal reaching 300,000?

Funny how you saw that as important, but you see one with 10 times as many signatures as irrelevant!
    Two points - one the BBC didn’t immediately pick it up on their news - two as far as I could see the votes were genuine!

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    On Guido Fawkes website
    I've just had a look and found an article, if I can call it that, naming some far away countries where the petition was signed from and saying tens of thousands of signatures came from EU countries.

I can't see anything about the total percentage of votes coming from Britain there. Did you make that bit up?

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast