+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Perez

Perez

I can't believe the shoite i am reading regarding him. Now Spurs and Everton are reportedly interested. LOL. They obviously haven't seen past the last couple of good performances to see how badly he has been in the last 12 months. He is starting to see himself as some super player whereas i see someone who was just getting by and if it hadn't been for Rafa picking him every week he would be languishing in the reserves.

Perez is playing better because he has more freedom to do so. Rafa has changed it up to allow the players to use their talent in a much better and more balanced way. That's why we're getting better results and is why Perez is showing he still has it.

Perez like quite a few players have been slaughtered when played in a negative system.
    Played in a more positive system shows their real strengths and capabilities.

A season of two halves for quite a few players and Perez is a massive fix on that second part.
    Perez is marmite to fans.

It's so frustrating because he's obviously got something. His finishing can be class but his shooting is poor (if that makes sense?-when he has to think about it he's awful) and his work for Rondon's goal against the scouse mackems was absolute class-the initial header then the movement and that genius ball back to Rondon. I think Almiron has really helped him, too and I actually saw him stay on his feet when challenged strongly by one of their huge units at the back.

Maybe, just maybe, he's turning the corner? I've been a big critic of his-largely because he has, in fact, been shite but I think we're seeing a different side to him now?

How can we judge any player who has spent much of his time here partnering Riviere, Atsu, Joselu, siem De Jong etc.

Its nice coincidence he plays better in a better side.

Perez is just one quality player that's been a victim of haphazard styles of football over the years.
    The thing is we all have a go at players for various reasons because we all expect players to perform regardless of any set up and quality of players they end up with in each season/game.

Take out the confidence or take out the flair and you end up with attempted graft but little to no end product from it other than the team effort for workrate, which in many aspects he does/did graft, even without an end product.

His biggest fault and irritation for me is his ability to play the skittle and once he's been pinned (pun intended) he rolls about like a bowling ball that's been badly chipped, rolling down the alley that's just been devastated by a reasonable sized Earthquake.

I still have to laugh at his stance on putting his fingers in his ears though, when he scores....but, he can hang a stick of celery out of his aris whilst bent over tying his boot laces if he keeps producing.

I still have to laugh at his stance on putting his fingers in his ears though, when he scores....but, he can hang a stick of celery out of his aris whilst bent over tying his boot laces if he keeps producing.
    Agreed

I've always thought he could be good and he has showed flashes all the time.

I can understand why the likes of Everton would want him, bit surprised at spuds but hey ho.

I'd rather he didn't go myself as i think with the right partner he can be very good for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I've always thought he could be good and he has showed flashes all the time.

I can understand why the likes of Everton would want him, bit surprised at spuds but hey ho.

I'd rather he didn't go myself as i think with the right partner he can be very good for us.
    He's finally got a couple of players around him that he can actually play off. His best form early on was when he had more freedom playing as an inside forward. .He's now got a similar role with two players he clicks with. He's not and never will be a No.10....we've just had no other options.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    He's not and never will be a No.10....we've just had no other options.
    Very good point.

He's an inside forward - i guess

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)