+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Sheffield United ***Matchday Thread***

The pressure's now off us and on them, let's see how they handle it. Alioski was also pushed in the back in the box by Baldock second half, not even considered by the ref. We've had sh it refs all season.

Still 24 points to play for and still some twists and turns to come.I know todays result is hugely disappointing but we have a break now till our next game and a chance for us to regroup and get ready for the final push!

Some blades fans think they are already there..we'll see.

KEEP THE FAITH

ALAW

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    Bad day for us. Very few good performances anywhere - Hernandez and Alioski did well but apart from that everyone fairly average bordering on poor. The red card may have changed things but it wasn't to be and there's no point chasing 'what ifs?' They had one shot on goal and scored. We had 17 shots but NONE on target. Disappointed that we didn't see the subs much earlier and we should have given Shackleton a run out - even in the brief opportunities he has been given so far he has shown more promise than most of our team did today.
    It was always going to be a close one - they mugged us - as we mugged them at their place in December, two draws would have been about right - so we both gain 3 points each instead of two!.... Hows that for a positive slant?
    Stop moaning we played well, missed a couple of golden opportunities to go ahead and generally were the better team. We will beat most teams in this division.
    However, Looking at the remaining fixtures I reckon all three of the top teams will get 15 points from their remaining matches [Plus 3 today for Norwich] so on that basis it's the play offs for us.

Way back in AUGUST last year we would ALL have settled for the play offs..... wouldn't we?

ps - The atmosphere today was out of this world - couldn't hear a word my lad said to me during the whole game - and he was sat next to me! [Apart fro at half time of course]

Oh yes..the play-offs tichi.

Cant wait......

Name:  cliff falling.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  89.5 KB

Good post to be fair tichi..it was all set up for a Leeds win and we got mugged.

Sheff UTD have a few tricky games to come (as do we) so its still all up for grabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Good post to be fair tichi..it was all set up for a Leeds win and we got mugged.

Sheff UTD have a few tricky games to come (as do we) so its still all up for grabs.
    Gmes to play -

LEEDS
    Millwall H
    Brum A
    Preston A
    Wednesday H
    Wigan H
    Brentford A
    Villa H
    Ipswich H

SHEFFIELD UTD
    Bristol H
    Preston A
    Brum A
    Millwall H
    Forest H
    Hull A
    Ipswich H
    Stoke A

NORWICH
    Rotherham A
    Borough A
    QPR H
    Reading H
    Wigan A
    Wednesday H
    Stoke A
    Blackburn H
    Villa A

Lots of twists and turns to come me thinks

To be honest, the reason we aren't clear at the top is that we simply don't put away our chances... Roberts today heads wide when he should have put it back across the the keeper, Alliosky wastes a simple shot, Harrison puts one over the bar from about yards..... Bamford missed three the other night - story of our season TBH.

Where's "S*it for brains" usually on here like a rash when we lose whining about Harrison or Allioski or - today he could moan about the keeper???

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    To be honest, the reason we aren't clear at the top is that we simply don't put away our chances... Roberts today heads wide when he should have put it back across the the keeper, Alliosky wastes a simple shot, Harrison puts one over the bar from about yards..... Bamford missed three the other night - story of our season TBH.
    So when I say we were disappointing and mention the 17 shots but none on target it's somehow "moaning" (which btw it wasn't; merely an objective assessment) but you provide an 'in depth' analysis so that's all nice and positive then?

Having said that, you are right that most of us would have settled for the current position at the start of the season.

It most certainly isn't over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    So when I say we were disappointing and mention the 17 shots but none on target it's somehow "moaning" (which btw it wasn't; merely an objective assessment) but you provide an 'in depth' analysis so that's all nice and positive then?

Having said that, you are right that most of us would have settled for the current position at the start of the season.

It most certainly isn't over yet.
    Don't take it so personally fella, Wasn't referring to anyone specifically - not even WTF, I was merely pointing out that the way Leeds fans generally react is either over the top up or over the top down, and whilst we did have all those attempts - none on target, I also mentioned that our inability to put away the chances has been our problem all season - otherwise we would have walked away with this league.

Long way to go and some tough games for all the top three, If we can get Roofe back [i'm sure he would have buried Roberts header] we can still get top two... fingers crossed

oh and yes - stop moaning lol!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)