+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Crawley

Crawley

Well, we slaughtered them in the away fixture and contrived to lose 3-0. At the moment we're having a slump/reversion to type and haven't managed to score in the last 3 games. Crawley must think it's the ideal time to play us.
    Artell seems to concentrate on missed chances but the real problem is lack of creativity AND numbers in the box. We need to vary the way the ball is delivered into the box as well as having strikers attacking the near and back post to ensure somebody can get on the end of a pass. I'm also not sure what has happened to Pixie's game as his crosses no longer cause problems, being overhit or put straight into the keeper's hands. He also needs to shoot more.
    However I'm going for 1-1.

Any chance of a postponement?
    It's persisting down in Manchester at the moment, not to mention the howling gales.

We won 6-1 and..... silence!
    Come on! Let's have some chat about our great win.
    It was great to see things go our way. Crawley were a little unlucky when Perry handballed. Also wasn't Porter offside for his? Fantastic that DA gave Dale more than 5 minutes for which he was rewarded with a stunning goal
    I've also been unimpressed by Finney in the past but he was excellent and showed the team how to shoot. Shame that none of them went in. I doubt that he'll ever get as much space to play in in the rest of his career.
    Still, goals have to be taken. Let's hope there's not a Colchester waiting around the corner

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    We won 6-1 and..... silence!
    Come on! Let's have some chat about our great win.
    It was great to see things go our way. Crawley were a little unlucky when Perry handballed. Also wasn't Porter offside for his? Fantastic that DA gave Dale more than 5 minutes for which he was rewarded with a stunning goal
    I've also been unimpressed by Finney in the past but he was excellent and showed the team how to shoot. Shame that none of them went in. I doubt that he'll ever get as much space to play in in the rest of his career.
    Still, goals have to be taken. Let's hope there's not a Colchester waiting around the corner
    Can't believe more Crewe fans dont comment, that was a good result 6 goals against anyone in the league is a good result.

I thought we were excellent from 1 to 11, although we were helped by their defence collapsing like a pack of cards. Had Garratt not been in top shot-stopping form it could have finished 10-4 and that would have had Jeff Sterling scratching his head for his ‘that hasnt happened since’ statistics.

I was only saying on facebook last week that now we aren’t going up or down it would be good to see the regular young subs like Finney, Dale, Reilly etc get a few starts, so imagine my shock when one was a starter and the other had a good 20 minutes. Gazan said he has been unimpressed by Finney in the past but I don’t think you can properly judge a player until he starts a match (I think he’d started only one previously) or preferably several. I thought he was excellent and should have been MotM - Dave needs to get his contract extended toute suite! Bowery, too, was back to his best and the left side of what passed for Crawley’s defence couldn’t handle him and Perry - well, not as well as Perry handled for the equaliser! Reminded me of Akinfenwa’s Harlem Globetrotters moment, but I suspect the manager may not draw the referee’s attention to that one!

Good to see Dale having the confidence to take players on and have a go - and good that the crowd didn’t give him the Kirk boos when it didn’t come off - they both need our encouragement to try it again.... and again even if it doesn’t always work.

Not much to say about the others, all of whom played pretty much up to their best and long may it continue.

Just one other comment - Jamie who??!!

Thought we started well until they scored and then we were under the cosh till the equaliser. This time we had a bit of luck and the ball kept going in the net eg Porter’s goal from Bowery’s miss hit.
    I have been saying for a while that someone would be on the receiving end of a big score.

I was very impressed with Finney and as you say he needed to start to show him at his best. He also looks a powerful size. When you see someone like him and Dale it makes you proud of our youth system.
    Wintle also had a good game and I would not have complained if either him or Finney had been MoM, though Green did put a shift in.

I think it is a shame that certain sections of the crowd seem to keep having a go at Bowery as he always puts a shift in. I would like to see him stay here next season but I think he has had enough of the boo boys.

I too would like to see the youngsters given a chance as there seems to be nothing to play for this season.

I think some of the reasons people are not responding are
    1. You log in and the site jumps about in the hope you click on an ad and whether you do or not one still pops up.
    2. Whether it is my computer etc but the typing is slow so I write on word and copy and paste

Perhaps that is why people are not answering questions or commenting on the game?

Maybe outtolunch is right as I find the jumping about irritating. But a little persistence and patience goes a long way. After all, we are talking ( typing) about the Alex!

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    I think some of the reasons people are not responding are
    1. You log in and the site jumps about in the hope you click on an ad and whether you do or not one still pops up.
    2. Whether it is my computer etc but the typing is slow so I write on word and copy and paste

Perhaps that is why people are not answering questions or commenting on the game?
    This is when you really wish there was a "Like" button!!

I gave up trying to log on to the site on my laptop years ago! However, I seldom, if ever, have any problems in the iPad (other tablets are available!).