+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: iFollow

iFollow

Watched the QPR match on iFollow as I don't have Sky. Mirrored it from my small tablet to the TV and got a really good clear picture. Thoroughly enjoyed the game, of course, and have more hope now of staying up. Could clearly hear the Millers fans right through the match. Brilliant night all round.
    What made it even better for me was Will Vaulks. Not because he wasn't playing but because he was the co-commentator. He was really interesting. Gave lots of background information on the players and spoke with the same enthusiasm that he shows on the pitch. Can't remember a "you know", "to be fair" or any other of the normal footballer's language. Seems really bright and intelligent. Well done Will but I'd rather see you on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lol'smate View Post
    Watched the QPR match on iFollow as I don't have Sky. Mirrored it from my small tablet to the TV and got a really good clear picture. Thoroughly enjoyed the game, of course, and have more hope now of staying up. Could clearly hear the Millers fans right through the match. Brilliant night all round.
    What made it even better for me was Will Vaulks. Not because he wasn't playing but because he was the co-commentator. He was really interesting. Gave lots of background information on the players and spoke with the same enthusiasm that he shows on the pitch. Can't remember a "you know", "to be fair" or any other of the normal footballer's language. Seems really bright and intelligent. Well done Will but I'd rather see you on the pitch.
    I thought the same about Will Vaulks's contribution, Lol'smate. He seemed completely at ease with the role of co-commentator and was articulate and often quite funny. He clearly has an enormous passion for the club and kept very positive all the way through. In the final moments he was completely certain that if we could get a corner or another set-piece, we would score - and he was right! As you say there were several interesting insights into what the players would be doing and thinking at various points.

He apparently did really well not to swear during comms. Wood is good as well but my favourite is Newell. He takes the micky out of players especially Taylor.

It is a damn fine service that has been a godsend to us abroad and I'm delighted for you guys at home who are unable to get to the midweek matches.

On another note. As this service gets bigger the sad side effect is that the stadiums are looking more and more empty. Maybe it is time to cap the prices of the championship matches as they do with Premiership matches but then again there are still empty seats at those games unless it's a derby or one of the top teams are playing.

I didn't know until recently that you can get ifollow on a chipped Firestick.

I watched it live on TV but had QPR documentary, no idea why or how but it was in Hi Def. Seen every Millers game live on our TV so far this season but don't subscribe to owt. Funny old world 'init.