+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Enzio will show up?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben the Pie View Post
    Hi all, I'm new to the board and live in Reading though been a Pie for 41yrs!
    i wondered about your thoughts on this:
    I was at the FGR, Tranmere and Cheltenham(god help us) games and at FGR Enzio was on fire, a real handful in the other two games he didn't show up, this exposed Mitch at right back who as we know is not a natural defender anyway. Now you pick Enzio every time, he's our creative outlet but his game seems to have an effect at both ends...there was a moment against Cheltenham when CMS ran fully 20 yards and beat Enzio to a ball he was 5yards away from...
    The 3 man midfield minimises the Enzio risk as there's more cover for our shakey defence it seems to me.
    So a 434 system with Enzio having less defensive responsability and greater freedom seems the way to go from now. With jim out, I'd play Mitch in midfield and bring in Toots...and keep Stead off the pitch!
    I agree about Stead and also Rose in midfield, today will be a battle and we need legs and muscle in there. Doyle, Vaughan and Alessandra would see us overrun I think.

Plus Tootle is a pretty good player when his head's in the right place and offers the odd goal or two going forward as well.

We used to have good wingers, now we get mingers!

In all seriousness I’ve been an advocate of Stead throughout his time at Notts but I do have to agree that in the current set up, when he plays it does encourage the long ball. This is fine if there was an understanding between him and say Hemmings where a quick lay off would be effective but that just hasn’t come to fruition. Watching Stead chasing long balls down the channels is just soul destroying.

Rose in the middle for JOB, Toots back in at RB and as much as it dismays me keep Duffer in for Barclay. We can all see it, let’s hope Mr Nice sees it too.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I agree about Stead and also Rose in midfield, today will be a battle and we need legs and muscle in there. Doyle, Vaughan and Alessandra would see us overrun I think.

Plus Tootle is a pretty good player when his head's in the right place and offers the odd goal or two going forward as well.
    Having 50% of our defence as Tootle and Duffy scares me to death. Hope NA leaves the defence intact. I don't think a midfield 3 of Allessandra/Vaughn/Doyle is too bad for a home game...

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Having 50% of our defence as Tootle and Duffy scares me to death. Hope NA leaves the defence intact. I don't think a midfield 3 of Allessandra/Vaughn/Doyle is too bad for a home game...

Ahah I know what you mean, but Morecambe are a physical team regardless of home or away and I think it'll be that kind of game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben the Pie View Post
    Hi all, I'm new to the board and live in Reading though been a Pie for 41yrs!
    i wondered about your thoughts on this:
    I was at the FGR, Tranmere and Cheltenham(god help us) games and at FGR Enzio was on fire, a real handful in the other two games he didn't show up, this exposed Mitch at right back who as we know is not a natural defender anyway. Now you pick Enzio every time, he's our creative outlet but his game seems to have an effect at both ends...there was a moment against Cheltenham when CMS ran fully 20 yards and beat Enzio to a ball he was 5yards away from...
    The 3 man midfield minimises the Enzio risk as there's more cover for our shakey defence it seems to me.
    So a 434 system with Enzio having less defensive responsability and greater freedom seems the way to go from now. With jim out, I'd play Mitch in midfield and bring in Toots...and keep Stead off the pitch!
    He didn't Ben, but in no way was he the only one . Allesandra and Vaughan were shocking.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123