+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi Final v The Great Unwashed/Victim FC

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Or did you mean to say you hoped that’d d be the starting 11 ?

Bit of both pal, without going on too much about I am not the greatest fan of Mrs Cosgrove's young brat, folks might have noticed that.
    But joking aside I honestly believe that had he not been suspended for the Iprix replay then I doubt if we would still be in the cup at this time, as his absence from that game forced us to play a bit different from the usual "hoof it up the park and aim for the big lad" and it was one of our better all round team performances of the season.
    The hoof thing has worked at times to a certain degree in some games this season but It won't work against timothy.
    I probably agree with you that McWinless wont drop the donkey and if that is the case I fear our season will end on Sunday, but taking a different approach then we can have a real chance of going through and actually winning the fkn thing (happy days)

COYR

My confidence level for Sunday has just taken a hit, as I see it is the Craig Thomson show for our match

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Should not be an issue to get sorted as the recipients signed it bizarrely and that will be recorded accordingly, that aside, why did the club send them to your old address?anyway, hopefully all turns out well and your back is improving .......la Cala is dinging down with rain and it looks that way for a bit........I’ll save on penfolds though and only have an opportunity to waste money on drink and glue.......anyway.......as always.

SF
    Is that La Cala Golf resort near Torremolinos? I don't like Golf but I watched the Dons play there twice in 2000 against 1860 Munich... We were supposed to play Tunisia in thr second game but they pulled plug meaning we hastily rearranged a second game against the same opposition but at a different time wrong footing some of the Dons fans (around 15-20 made the trip). My pal and me found out the match had been rearranged from Ebbe Skovdahl, when a group of people that included Ebbe passed the pub we were drinking outside of. Within that group I only remember Zero, who was friendly, and David Wylie who was unfriendly.

Thomas Hassler scored at least one goal direct from a corner, maybe two... Still one of the best players I've ever seen in the flesh and he was well into his 30s by that time

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    My confidence level for Sunday has just taken a hit, as I see it is the Craig Thomson show for our match
    Aye, he'll try to take centre stage with a controversial decision, and it will be against us... A tw@t of the highest order

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    If we believe was McInnes said in the interview after the victory at Iprix in the quarters then I agree and think Campbell will start. He mentioned that he doesn't mind putting him in the more technical matches.

Thus, I don't think we'll see Gleeson start either.

However, I disagree that that he'll play Devlin, although he might if he thinks he needs more experience in the middle of the park with Dom Ball.

It'll be interesting to see what he does without Shinnie. Had Gleeson shown anything at all he'd be a straight replacement but he just hasn't had enough minutes and nor has he done enough to impress in the minutes he's had.

I’d agree that if the manager had been contemplating starting Devlin - he would have drafted him back in for the last few games. I’d just be a bit worried about going with Ferguson and Campbell - would prefer a bit of cover and don’t think Gleeson’s legs are up for it.

Rather than a back three - Ball can skit between dim and rb. If he’s fit - I’d go with Devlin ahead of Gleeson. The back three slides when Ball or Lowe drop back. Reckon we should have a real go at their two main weak spots - and utilising Connor and Max pace can ruthlessly expose Lustig and off-form/injured Tierney. McGinn’s our best ten, play him there.

Probably unlikely - but would rather see us having a go with that eleven and confident they include our best defensive core. Forget the high press with Stevie running aimlessly about and just soak it up and then hit them on the lightning break. When they’re struggling to break through us again and their fans on their back - they’ll be ripe for the picking. And once Big Bad Sam slides in his first - they’ll panic big time and McLennan and Lowe will have a field day.

Having ‘clumsily’ maimed Brown early doors and kept him quiet the rest of the game and throwing him a Broony at Ballon’s hat-trick, Dom deservedly gets his three year deal alongside his MOTM. Gleeson doesn’t leave the bench as Ferguson and Campbell with their Ball deliver resolutely mature performances. Super Joe saves both penalties. McInnes praises ‘his’ fans.

I most sincerely hope we do not try some ridiculous 3 at the back thing - never works and will end in utter disaster.

Lewis
    Ball Considine McKenna Lowe
    McLennan Ferguson Campbell McGinn
    May
    Cosgrove

I think we'll go with that. May will be sitting on top of Brown and will chase around a lot, which will likely be necessary. Very young midfield and McGinn will need to step up and lead by example. In fact, it's a very young team with exception of Lewis, Consi, McGinn and May. The only alternative I can see is giving Halford a game at RB and playing Ball alongside Ferguson - I think that unlikely and it would also be ridiculous as Halford hasn't played a minute of football since he got here (sneaky feeling he'll never make it onto the pitch for us actually).

I would prefer McGinn at 10 but I don't think we have another viable option out wide at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    The only alternative I can see is giving Halford a game at RB and playing Ball alongside Ferguson - I think that unlikely and it would also be ridiculous as Halford hasn't played a minute of football since he got here (sneaky feeling he'll never make it onto the pitch for us actually
    One of McInnes traits (you can see it as a strength or a liability) is to show loyalty to his players.
    Probably stems from being dropped from the DeidCo cup final.
    Halfords was signed as cover and Ball has done well since covering at right back.

I’d also prefer McGinn at 10. Doesn’t matter who’s playing wide, we won’t be using width anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Is that La Cala Golf resort near Torremolinos? I don't like Golf but I watched the Dons play there twice in 2000 against 1860 Munich... We were supposed to play Tunisia in thr second game but they pulled plug meaning we hastily rearranged a second game against the same opposition but at a different time wrong footing some of the Dons fans (around 15-20 made the trip). My pal and me found out the match had been rearranged from Ebbe Skovdahl, when a group of people that included Ebbe passed the pub we were drinking outside of. Within that group I only remember Zero, who was friendly, and David Wylie who was unfriendly.

Thomas Hassler scored at least one goal direct from a corner, maybe two... Still one of the best players I've ever seen in the flesh and he was well into his 30s by that time
    Not far from there, not golfing today though, just soaking up some rays and taking on board some fluids to keep me hydrated for the flight home for the semi!!......of which, absolutely f ucking gutted yesterday when I discovered my dad is too ill to attend now, thankfully, a good friend has kindly accepted to take his seat to cheer on the once michty, sadly he had to say his final farewell to his dad on Tuesday.......kind of puts some of the nonsense on here into perspective.

Here hopes we win.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’d also prefer McGinn at 10. Doesn’t matter who’s playing wide, we won’t be using width anyway.
    I would certainly agree about McGinn

Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast