+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi Final v The Great Unwashed/Victim FC

I’ve bought my tickets but still don’t like how this is set up.
    It’s meant to be a neutral venue, so it ideally should be split down the middle. The best stand being the North Stand.
    Tickets should be sold from C5 and filled back round the West stand if we do not think we’ll sell our full allocation (50%)

The best way would be to register with the club if you want a ticket, how many you need and who you plan to sit with.
    Priority could still be afforded for allocation of seats (preferred section).
    This would mean the club knows exactly how many seats that could be sold and maybe even get near to a neutral 50/50 split.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    It’s meant to be a neutral venue,

How long have you been watching Scottish fitba?

The team we are playing have their own end and own changing room.(which again was not challenged by the club )

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    If there is a hard way of doing anything, Aberdeen FC will find it. We like making things difficult for ourselves...it’s in our DNA
    Kind of similar to how you ‘support’ the dons then.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

How long have you been watching Scottish fitba?
    A wee bit longer than you I gather, hence why I said I STILL don't like how this is set up

The team we are playing have their own end and own changing room.(which again was not challenged by the club )
    You make a valid point and seem to be suggesting that there is no value in stating any discontent within this forum on how things are operated or how the club accept things.

I stand by my point that there is a simple way to address the allocation and consider the merits of how much supporters we bring.
    As soon as we qualified for the semi, they could have opened up an online register to log requests, quantities, locations etc and knew for certain how many tickets they could have sold.
    Then instead of requiring phases to sell and find out the demand, they could simply have taken payment and acknowledged the allocation

Its not the way it's always been done, but it is a valid suggestion and modern way to go forward.

Will it ever get as simplified as this, who knows, probably not, but I'm not one to discount potential solutions

A wee bit longer than you I gather, hence why I said I STILL don't like how this is set up

You make a valid point and seem to be suggesting that there is no value in stating any discontent within this forum on how things are operated or how the club accept things.

I stand by my point that there is a simple way to address the allocation and consider the merits of how much supporters we bring.
    As soon as we qualified for the semi, they could have opened up an online register to log requests, quantities, locations etc and knew for certain how many tickets they could have sold.
    Then instead of requiring phases to sell and find out the demand, they could simply have taken payment and acknowledged the allocation

Its not the way it's always been done, but it is a valid suggestion and modern way to go forward.

Will it ever get as simplified as this, who knows, probably not, but I'm not one to discount potential solutions
    They tried something like that for one of the europa away rounds a season or 2 ago. Turns out everybody registered their interest but didn't really have any intent on going.

Somebody will always moan no matter how they do the ticket allocations. Just fecking get on with it I say.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    They tried something like that for one of the europa away rounds a season or 2 ago. Turns out everybody registered their interest but didn't really have any intent on going.

Somebody will always moan no matter how they do the ticket allocations. Just fecking get on with it I say.
    They just need to take it a step further.
    Log your interest, with your credit card details and that provides a commitment to proceed

It’s meant to be a neutral venue, so it ideally should be split down the middle. The best stand being the North Stand.
    Tickets should be sold from C5 and filled back round the West stand if we do not think we’ll sell our full allocation (50%)

The best way would be to register with the club if you want a ticket, how many you need and who you plan to sit with.
    Priority could still be afforded for allocation of seats (preferred section).
    This would mean the club knows exactly how many seats that could be sold and maybe even get near to a neutral 50/50 split.
    No really sure what you are getting at with your selling strategy. "Tickets should be sold from C5 and filled back round the west stand". So, we start selling in the North Stand and move round the west and into the south? I dont think we would sell a North stand allocation and a west stand allocation - not unless we gave up the south stand allocation completely.

The point that Pacman makes about ends is - as John Barnes would have put it - a "silent banana" of Scottish football. They want to end sectarianism but the SFA themselves have a Catholic end and a Protestant end at the National Stadium. If an Edinburgh team plays a Glasgow team at Hampden, why do Hearts get the East End when playing Rangers and the West End when playing Celtic? Repeat for Hibs. Aberdeen play a Glasgow team? Aberdeen play an Edinburgh team - Dons get West end v Hibs and East end v Hearts. If it's not (originally) religion-based then someone please explain it to me.

You used the word neutral

You have been in the game long enough to know not to use that

You used the word neutral

You have been in the game long enough to know not to use that
    I also said “It’s meant to be a” before I said neutral.
    Should we just accept what’s gone before?

I also said “It’s meant to be a” before I said neutral.
    Should we just accept what’s gone before?
    And you are kidding yourself

The club clearly accept it, how many times we played the pigs there recently and the sevco once. Complicit in the status quo of celtic and r*****s/sevco getting what they want in Scottish fitba.

Mason89 had the f@cking excellent idea. Simple and effective. A coin toss on TV to chose ends. This should be done for every game played as (ahem) "neutral" at the national stadium. But unfortunately the great amazing board we have don't want to rock the boat

Milne has missed a trick. He could have got so many fans onside by even just suggesting this idea let alone it happening. But no hes a wet

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast