+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolves v Man.Utd FA Cup 6th Rd Matchday Thread

It's over and we have a date at Wembley. What a night ? ....well deserved glory for our lovely lads and overwhelming joy for we who love the Wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzledWolf View Post
    It's over and we have a date at Wembley. What a night ? ....well deserved glory for our lovely lads and overwhelming joy for we who love the Wolves.
    Well done with keeping the pot boiling Grizz, sorry I wasn't able to assist!

What a freaking result! Although in all honesty not a great surprise really. Nothing more to say just going to sit back and wait for the match reports/comments and highlights, of course!

Lovely ****ing jubbly!!!!

Thumbs up from me. Enjoy the ride. Watched Albion win it in 68, nothing beats seeing your team win the FA Cup. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Thumbs up from me. Enjoy the ride. Watched Albion win it in 68, nothing beats seeing your team win the FA Cup. Good luck.
    Cheers 👍. Special night that, Molineux was rocking!

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Cheers Lloyd, best of luck mate.

I'm still on a high after the victory last night. The whole occasion was something else. The work that went in behind the scenes to prepare the stadium, ie the flags and then the lighting show deserves praise. Throughout the game the atmosphere was electric. Excellent football that gave the fans something to cheer about.

Let's make no mistake about it, Wolves fully deserved their victory. Romero was the busier of the two keepers, Ruddy barely troubled by the Man.Utd front line, which is a credit to those players in front of him.

The way Man.Utd started the game though, loads of possession i thought it was just going to be one of those nights, but bar a long distance effort in the first half, Ruddy was untroubled. Man.Utd would not have been able to complain if Wolves had gone into the break a goal up, it's just a pity Jota couldn't have lifted his effort over Romero when through on goal.

In my eyes Wolves lifted the tempo of the play in the second half, Romero was without a doubt man of the match for the away side, Jiminez's header and Moutinho's effort kept out by him. I actually think the Man.Utd defence need to take some of the blame for Jiminez's goal, as well as he took it, it should have been cleared, it's not as if i'm complaining about it though.

At this moment in time, Jota is in the form of his Wolves life and again fully deserved his goal, the way he got past Shaw was good to see, the finish was special. I actually expected at 2-0 up for Man.Utd to throw the kitchen sink at Wolves, but it wasn't to be.

VAR will be a permanent fixture in the premier league next season, even having seen a few replays, i don't see how Lindelof challenge warranted just a yellow.

The only downside of the victory was conceding late, but nothing can take away our deserved win. I'm so proud of what we witnessed last night!

An excellent summing up Gav.

It was a what a.
    What an atmosphere.
    What a crowd.
    What a performance.
    What an occasion.
    What a team.
    What a result.

Reading the Man U forum, they have slammed their performance, to slow, to ponderous, the worst performance under Ole, players looked tired, need at least four or five new signings, and it went on and on. In fairness many of their supporters praised Wolves and our game plan and hope that we go on to win it. At least if we draw City, we will have an extra 80,000 thousand extra supporters that day.

Personally I thought United overplayed at times, with little or no movement off the ball. We were around Pogba like bees round a honey pot and having soaked up the early visitors possession we grew into the game and deserved our victory. Moutinho and Neves were superb in midfield, with the later having one of his best ever games in an old gold shirt.

The draw will be interesting later today, personally I hope it is Man city.

If we draw Man City, that means we’d have played half the top 6 in the Prem in the lead up to the final. None of the other remaining teams have played any. I think I’d rather play them in the semifinals, as the medi

Former Premier League referee Mark Halsey, is reported in the press today, as saying that Lindelöf's tackle should not have been checked by VAR and should have been a straight red. He says it should have been called, as serious foul play.

[QUOTE=abbobrom;39175021]Former Premier League referee Mark Halsey, is reported in the press today, as saying that Lindelöf's tackle should not have been checked by VAR and should have been a straight red. He says it should have been called, as serious foul play.[/QUOTE

I didn't notice the downgrading of the card during the game, thought they finished the game down to ten men! That is an odd decision, he seems far more out of control than say the Willy Boly sending off against Man City, straight red for me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)