+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Late call offs!!

Late call offs!!

What a farce, I could have told you yesterday when I saw the forecast it would be off!! In the car park, poor show from Dunfermline and the ref for not showing up until 1.30
    As usual no concern for fans!!

Its farcical surely an earlier inpsection should have happened?

The guys in the car parks said they had been phoning the ref since 11.30 as game was in doubt, and he wasn’t answering his phone. Only turned up at ground at 1.30pm.
    What should have happened
    Sensible people see the horrendous forecast on Friday, snow, sleet, heavy rain, 0 temps,
    Dunfermline seeing the forecast arrange a local official with pitch inspection for 10am
    Call the official for Pitch Inspection at 12, game off by 12.15pm
    Dundee united fans don’t have to travel in treacherous conditions with police everywhere helping vehicles who have skidded off the flippin road!
    But that is sensible people!!!

DAFC official tweet @ 9am

"There are no plans to hold a pitch inspection for today's match. The pitch is playable at present. There is a thin covering of snow on the pitch but the forecast of heavy rain that will clear"

Phuck me, heavy rain forecast on top of snow, yeah no need for a pitch inspection cretins:-(

Wasnt gonna go because of the weather, but took a late decision and was at the point of no quick return just past Bridge of Earn when the game was called off!

Im another who wonders why these games are not called off when the forecast is like it was. Its not as if there isnt plenty statistics to back them up.

Driving conditions were bad, but not that bad that the Mustang and Jeep drivers could have engaged brain and not spun out!

Well, thats one i dont have to worry about letting my coupon down. Just another 6 call offs and get my money back... result!!

Enormously frustrating. I was well on the way when news came through.
    Surely the SPFL should have a proper procedure in place for these scenarios. Definite times for when inspections should be made, flexible if needs be, but a bit of structure, a little organisation?
    That must already exist. It has to exist.
    I hope.

Bit of common sense helps to be fair. Its xishing of snow roads are dangerous, dont put yourself or others in danger by driving when you dont actually HAVE to, simple things like that helps.

On way back hame now.... No happy

F ecking joke. Expenses claim form for diesel, sweets for the young lad e-mailed to Dunfermline.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)