+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Morecambe 16.03.19

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    It will be interesting to see what players will be in the Notts 1st team squad as we begin our first season in the Conference League
    And Manager. Ardley will be looking for a job,new owners won't be impressed

How on earth do you work that out? we're a point and 2 goals closer to our target
    by my reckoning we need one win and a draw more than yeovil and a point more than macclesfield its a 3 horse race now with 2 losers

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    How on earth do you work that out? we need one win and a draw more than yeovil and a point more than macclesfield its a 3 horse race now with 2 losers
    And just how do you think we will manage to do that?

"we need Hewitt back"

Extremely dull game of football. We didn't play well second half and actually got progressively more ragged.

Fair enough putting two up top but as soon as we went with two centre mids it was like deja vu of Cheltenham - long hopeful punts from the back and taking more opposition pressure.

Better than the Vale performance, but still not a very good performance. I thought we'd lose today so I don't know what to think. Meh.

One shot on target at home against Morecambe? Some of you need a reality check! That was awful.

Also I'd be more concerned about Macclesfield pulling away not Yeovil.

looking at the next 6 games for the bottom three we have 3 winnable games if the right notts turn up,
    the next six for macc and yeovil look tough,on current form they'd do well to pick up 4 points each
    I think we can still do this,3 points today would have been great but a draw isnt the end of the world

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    looking at the next 6 games for the bottom three we have 3 winnable games if the right notts turn up,
    the next six for macc and yeovil look tough,on current form they'd do well to pick up 4 points each
    I think we can still do this,3 points today would have been great but a draw isnt the end of the world
    "I admire your optimism - wish I had the same faith"

Another very poor home performance against a typical League 2 team. We just can't impose ourselves on teams that come and sit deep, and look to nick a goal from a breakaway or a set-piece. O'Brien was a big miss creatively, and we weren't prepared to commit enough men forward to make a difference. Also, our set-pieces lack variety and we never look like scoring from them.

Enzio had the one big chance and should have scored, and was otherwise disappointingly anonymous (why didn't we switch him over to the left at any point, where he can cut inside?). We need more from the likes of him and Vaughan, who was back to his old frustrating self today.

Yeovil losing today was a real chance for us to close the gap, so this feels like two points dropped. Hopefully it'll be a point that keeps us up at the end of the season, but who knows? If we can't start creating chances in home games while staying solid at the back, we're going down.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    One shot on target at home against Morecambe? Some of you need a reality check! That was awful.

Also I'd be more concerned about Macclesfield pulling away not Yeovil.
    They only won because they played Yeovil.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast