+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Norwich City Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by DK_NY View Post
    Proud of the effort the lads put in yesterday, and one of our better footballing performances too.

I grew up watching football where referees blew for fouls. Often the crowd disagreed with the decisions, some of which were actually wrong. But this season i appear to have seen a rule change : referees no longer blow for fouls, they blow for players going to the ground. If a player falls over and feigns temporary agony, it's deemed a foul whether he was impeded or not, if he makes an attempt to stay on his feet it's no foul. If he rolls half way around tge pitch after a challenge it's a card, if is felled but jumps straight back up it's not a booking. It's lazy refereeing that is rewarding dishonesty and making cheating more appealing to teams.
    Spot on DK

.....i think the potential Rodak had when he came to us as well and truly been coached out of him by us(Pollit).

What the Slovak coach tells him and what we tell him can only scramble the last bit of confidence out of him. Evident in the last few matches. He seem's to make a major mistake regular now.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    .....i think the potential Rodak had when he came to us as well and truly been coached out of him by us(Pollit).

What the Slovak coach tells him and what we tell him can only scramble the last bit of confidence out of him. Evident in the last few matches. He seem's to make a major mistake regular now.
    That is for me absolutell garbage, I can't dispute that Rodak is having some sort of crisis of confidence , but to blame our coaching staff is incredible to say the least.
    OK he makes mistakes, as do all footballers but he is a great talent IMO and will go on and have a great career, maybe even with us, but I think he will do better.......UTM

TBH Ronners I was wondering what Polly does in training, he’s only got three keepers.
    Why is he not coming for balls when he should, why would any keeper kick ball in sky in gale force winds?
    Polly should be showing him why surely.
    I gave him benefit of doubt because of sun the other week, maybe it was too windy this week

Come on Rodak we’re all behind you, get yourself sorted

I agree he’s been great for us and definitely will go on to better things

I'll echo what everyone else has said about being proud of the team for how they played. It wasn't only a matter of the non stop effort they all put in, but they actually played some decent football too. Some good attacking and passing moves from us that would have made it difficult for a neutral to believe we are opposite ends of the table. Just a real shame we seem to lack that bite in front of goal, we had some good pressure but their keeper dealt with all but one of our shots on target very comfortably.
    It wasn't just the ref who was shocking, the lino in front of the West Stand was absolutely clueless. He didn't give anything and only raised his flag once he'd waited for the dire ref to make the decision. He also missed Pukki being about 5 yards offside when he went on a run and forced an excellent one on one save from Rodak.
    I try not to blame officials for costing us matches, but the standard we get at NYS makes it a frustrating afternoon. The deck is stacked against us enough with our budget restraints without having refs making it more difficult for us.
    Any true genuine Norwich fan will admit they were given a tough game on Saturday. I wonder how many of the 2000+ fans would have made the long trip if they were 17th in the table?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    TBH Ronners I was wondering what Polly does in training, he’s only got three keepers.
    Why is he not coming for balls when he should, why would any keeper kick ball in sky in gale force winds?
    Polly should be showing him why surely.
    I gave him benefit of doubt because of sun the other week, maybe it was too windy this week

Come on Rodak we’re all behind you, get yourself sorted

I agree he’s been great for us and definitely will go on to better things
    Like I said millertop, Rodak is definitely having some sort of crisis of confidence, and you are certainly right in saying about him not coming for balls when he should, and unfortunately we have conceded a couple in recent weeks with the first Norwich goal, he should have come and claimed, and the first Blackburn goal again he should have come and claimed.
    He also very nearly lost us the game at Reading late on too so he certainly looks edgy at the moment when he has to decide whether to come or not, but he is still a brilliant shot stopper when he just has to react quickly. I'm sure they are working with him in training and I think it's a psychological thing that only he can deal with, but he will come through it UTM
    Last edited by Ronners; 18-03-2019 at 07:20 PM.

If you thought our ref was bad take a look at the Bradford Oxford game. Ref doesn't give Bradford a pen within maybe 30 seconds Oxford score. Bradford line up to kick off again the ref then chats to a linesman. The ref changes his mind and gives Bradford a pen. Then changes his mind again after further discussions and awards Oxford the goal. Not good

I agree with a lot of the positives that have been stated on here (and on the Radio DeeDah phone-in tonight), but other than picking the ball out of the net once, in reality, Norwich keeper Krul didn't have much to do. Still too many weak shots from us or wildly off target... and our shooting efforts last Saturday were probably better than in most of our games. We still need to improve on our finishing - can't just rely on Semi.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345