+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Norwich City Post Match Thoughts

What always gripes me is that most of the time it's our own mistakes that lead to opposition goals. We play well and then gift them a goal.

Really frustrating today!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Don’t even think they are in the top 5 teams to play at NYS this season.
    How can we knock them for going down easy cause they know the referee will give it them is cheating pure and simple and I’m amazed you think any different tbh?

I’ve been home and away all season and I’ve yet to see a side what cheats so much.
    Going down to win a free kick when it’s not a foul is cheating I’m not sure what else it can be defined as?
    Some quality Norwich had today but we’ve played better teams.
    Wiles MOM for me
    2 sloppy goals to concede.
    Keep the faith.
    Really hope Norwich don’t get promoted.
    Last edited by Back of the net; 16-03-2019 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    They did sing it. While the game was on (first half). They sang town full of non ces.
    That's disappointing.

There was one team who didn't chant it though.

Maybe Brentford?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    That's disappointing.

There was one team who didn't chant it though.

Maybe Brentford?
    I don't think Hull sang it!

Apart from what’s already been mentioned we seem to be falling asleep at corners. two v Sheff Utd, one today, concentration levels seem to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Apart from what’s already been mentioned we seem to be falling asleep at corners. two v Sheff Utd, one today, concentration levels seem to drop.
    Surprisingly so, also Merek seems to be flapping in the last 3 games, first goal was very poor from his perspective.

Vyner had another great game as did Wiles

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Surprisingly so, also Merek seems to be flapping in the last 3 games, first goal was very poor from his perspective.

Vyner had another great game as did Wiles
    Yes I agree about Rodak. I've been one of his biggest supporters but think his form has dipped a bit in recent games.
    Maybe it's time to give Lewis Price a run in the team?

Hesitancy has creeped into his game.
    A little too indecisive.
    He punched one at QPR too when he could have easily caught it

Proud of the effort the lads put in yesterday, and one of our better footballing performances too.

Now onto Norwich's antics which have most people irate: firstly Norwich played some of the best football I've seen this season, but that just makes it sadder that they felt the need to resort to such a level of cheating against a team in the bottom three. Don't get me wrong, they're not the first team to behave like this- i get the impression that, while we are practicing running and taking set pieces at least half of the league are practicing throwing themselves on the floor. It's just that teams like Norwich shouldn't need to - so it's probably fitting that they will go up as the poster boys for the ludicrous charade that top flight football has become in this country. Someone recently posted on millers mad that football is becoming like the wrestling i grew up watching in the eighties. Couldn't have put it better myself, as Norwich's sea of yellow almost resembled.. erm.. giant haystacks. (Sorry).
    I can't help thinking that our ancestors wouldn't have cut much coal if they had taken yesterday's canaries down the pit with them to check for gas, they'd have been playing dead in the bottom of the cage at the first whiff of scent of a real man.

Now, onto the referee.
    Referees have a very difficult job with the amount of tv scrutiny they now come under with every game televised, combined with the afore mentioned plethora of cheating. I've often defended them in the past when match of the day pundits criticise the ref for not spotting a perfectly executed dive and i'd say "no, blame the cheat". But come on, it's getting silly now. In recent Millers games we're not witnessing perfectly executed dives, we're witnessing a farce that is bringing the game into disrepute. The number of times a fair challenge or non challenge was penalised yesterday was ridiculous, combined with the fouls that were committed against us and not given.
    I grew up watching football where referees blew for fouls. Often the crowd disagreed with the decisions, some of which were actually wrong. But this season i appear to have seen a rule change : referees no longer blow for fouls, they blow for players going to the ground. If a player falls over and feigns temporary agony, it's deemed a foul whether he was impeded or not, if he makes an attempt to stay on his feet it's no foul. If he rolls half way around tge pitch after a challenge it's a card, if is felled but jumps straight back up it's not a booking. It's lazy refereeing that is rewarding dishonesty and making cheating more appealing to teams.
    We seem to be behind the times in adopting play acting ourselves (admittedly with a few occasional exceptions). I've seen at least one post this weekend saying that our team need to join in with the cheating, and i'm sure many more are thinking it, which in itself sums up the sad state of the modern game.

I was expecting to see some quality football from Norwich yesterday instead what I saw made me ashamed of English football 3 officials and a diving Norwich vs a low budget Rotherham ffs what is football coming too? This same team may get promoted no wonder England team won’t win World Cup with poor quality teams being promoted it’s like Southgate has a bunch of trash to pick through every year.

I want Leeds and shef u to go up

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast