+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Norwich City Post Match Thoughts

Always liked Norwich but after today hope they don’t go up. Fans billy big time and they will struggle if they do go up.
    That is the biggest set of cheats ever to visit us diving making out they were injured when they weren’t.
    The referee was appalling and I think he cheated us tbh.
    We played well frustrated with the goals both were avoidable.
    Wiles gets better every game.
    We’re competing in every game that’s all you can ask.
    We’re not down yet.
    Utm

We played quite well, but sloppy marking by Wood/Rodak, and then Ajayi cost us the all the points. I was expecting that the main Norwich threat would come down the wings, but Vyner and Jones surprisingly coped with that reasonably well (at least for most of the game). Should have got a point, but once again threw it away... poor level of possession, giving away a goal just before after time AND just after we had equalised, something which Warney seems unable to ever put right. Although we had more shots than Norwich on goal, I can't really say that Krul ever had to stretch himself much. First Norwich goal, Rodak should have been quicker off his line and clattered the Norwich player AND Wood if necessary - should never have allowed the ball to trickle into the net from that angle. Whatever the faults of the ref, we didn't really put the Norwich goal under serious pressure very much.Thought Wiles, Crooks and Newell played well. Towell and Yates hardly had a kick when they came on as subs , Taylor was not much better. Would have been better to leave Crooks on.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 16-03-2019 at 07:58 PM.

Any of you know what that minutes silence was for before KO?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Any of you know what that minutes silence was for before KO?
    Guessing for Mrs Stwart, but can't recall hearing any announcement.

Thought we played really well today. Enjoyed the game and the atmosphere. Poor ref, as per usual. Wiles looks a real prospect, but

the MoM was their right back.

If we can maintain today's standard I think we might just make it.

Thought it was for New Zealand but no announcement and referee didn't whistle to start it.

No announcement from club on internet either.

Never seen anything like it, embarrassing

Ok yes Norwich did dive and cheat the ref, and boy did he fall for it big time, although to be fair to him he got more than a few throw ins wrong so nothing that he and the totally inept linesman gave surprised me.
    But let's not cloud over the fact that Norwich were way better than us after the break, in fact after we levelled. To say they just cheated their way to victory is to ignore the 3 or 4 times in 2nd half that they carved us open and either missed or rodak saved us. To me they were a class act, and how can we knock them for going down when they know the idiot in charge will give them a free kick ,when we try to stay on our feet so the same idiot won't give us one? My son said first half that foristieri must be coaching them , but why wouldn't we go down like they were?
    Anyway for me they were worthy winners although we did play as well as we could and we most certainly won't be playing another team this season as good as these.
    Keep the faith UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Ok yes Norwich did dive and cheat the ref, and boy did he fall for it big time, although to be fair to him he got more than a few throw ins wrong so nothing that he and the totally inept linesman gave surprised me.
    But let's not cloud over the fact that Norwich were way better than us after the break, in fact after we levelled. To say they just cheated their way to victory is to ignore the 3 or 4 times in 2nd half that they carved us open and either missed or rodak saved us. To me they were a class act, and how can we knock them for going down when they know the idiot in charge will give them a free kick ,when we try to stay on our feet so the same idiot won't give us one? My son said first half that foristieri must be coaching them , but why wouldn't we go down like they were?
    Anyway for me they were worthy winners although we did play as well as we could and we most certainly won't be playing another team this season as good as these.
    Keep the faith UTM
    Don’t even think they are in the top 5 teams to play at NYS this season.
    How can we knock them for going down easy cause they know the referee will give it them is cheating pure and simple and I’m amazed you think any different tbh?

I’ve been home and away all season and I’ve yet to see a side what cheats so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Don’t even think they are in the top 5 teams to play at NYS this season.
    How can we knock them for going down easy cause they know the referee will give it them is cheating pure and simple and I’m amazed you think any different tbh?

I’ve been home and away all season and I’ve yet to see a side what cheats so much.
    I'm not disagreeing it's cheating, but when they are getting free kick after free kick for going down easy and we try to stay on our feet is naive to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    But well done to the Norwich fans for not doing the "town full of" chant, maybe only the second set of away fans who haven't done it.
    They did sing it. While the game was on (first half). They sang town full of non ces.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast