+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Oh well

Oh well

Playing for seventh now and given the three fixtures to come before the split it will be quite a battle.

Today was miserable, after a positive 30 seconds we were never in it. Perhaps a bit unlucky with the penalty but no complaints overall.

Same old Motherwell turned up today. Slow, indecisive and defensively weak. Top six is gone but after the season we've had it was never really likely.

At least Celtic can't win the League at Fir Park now, that was the major drawback of finishing top six for me.

Who cares about Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by wellwin View Post
    Who cares about Celtic.
    Law Steelman of course he's Rangers through and through.

Quote Originally Posted by wellwin View Post
    Who cares about Celtic.
    Exactly and LSM’s major “draw back” was possibility them winning league at Fir Park !
    Pheck, I’m more concerned Brexit and DUP getting £m’s to vote it thru rather who is SPL champions.
    Both events we have no influence

The Old Firm have never won the league at FP in my supporting lifetime and the longer it stays that way the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    The Old Firm have never won the league at FP in my supporting lifetime and the longer it stays that way the better.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyG View Post
    Law Steelman of course he's Rangers through and through.
    I think you're alot more interested in Rangers than I am, going by your posts on here.

In answer to the question "who cares about Celtic" well I care very little for them and hold them in a great deal of contempt, but I certainly don't want them coming to Fir Park to be able to clinch the league title with thousands of their sanctimonious, arrogant and obnoxious followers buying up tickets for all for stands at our ground and bringing their 'politics' with them. Any Well fan in their right mind wouldn't want that, as it would ensure a poisonous atmosphere and provide a potential safety concern for our support, young and old. As brilliant as Skippy Sunday was, the atmosphere inside Fir Park was nasty that day and even though Celtic got their just desserts, anyone who was there saw how some of their fans reacted to that.

Top six for us would have been a commendable achievement, but we'd likely be whipping boys and would have no chance of finishing in the European spots so it would be pretty meaningless, with the added potential of Celtic coming here to win the league. I won't lose any sleep over the fact that this won't now happen.

Bottom line ... weearrawell and who gives a furk about the Auld / New Squirm?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)