+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you want Warne to continue as boss even if we go down?

in his first full season he got us promoted.

his team his way.

lowest budget in the championship and we are still in the hunt to stay up.

he is one of the best English managers in the bussiness

his record (with his team) speaks for itself.

just think if he has money to spend were we could be.

Yes

Who else would we get that’s any better on the wages we offer?

Fits the club perfectly

Further review of the man's ability to deal with under funding, with an ailing side with both other strikers out, and one nearly all season, speaks bloody volumes.

Should he keep us up he deserves the town keys. My big worry would be other Chairmen looking to acquire his services showing how he brings the best out of an average team. On anther note, I don't know how he would really cope if given big money to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Further review of the man's ability to deal with under funding, with an ailing side with both other strikers out, and one nearly all season, speaks bloody volumes.

Should he keep us up he deserves the town keys. My big worry would be other Chairmen looking to acquire his services showing how he brings the best out of an average team. On anther note, I don't know how he would really cope if given big money to spend.

His desire to also judge players on “good human beings” and not on ability and availability could be a major drawback to team improvement

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    His desire to also judge players on “good human beings” and not on ability and availability could be a major drawback to team improvement
    Indeed and noted.

So he doesn't think a players ability is important?
    What a stupid thing to say.

No question. He started this season with the weakest/cheapest squad by far and then had it desimated by injuries. And we're still in with a shout of staying up. Agree that other clubs will be looking at him as a potential target at the end of the season. Like anyone else, he's bound to be tempted by big money and/or a big opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    So he doesn't think a players ability is important?
    What a stupid thing to say.
    I think you’ve misinterpreted what I said.

Obviously players are judged on ability but that’s not enough for PW because he adds the extra hurdle of passing his good human being test

The club is finding recruitment difficult, or so it seems. Question is are our standards too high?

Yes of course I want warny to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I don't want to be negative but we have to be practical.

For me I want Warne to continue as boss even if we go down.
    Yes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast