+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What a nothing game

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You don't happen to do the BBC stats do you? They also had us down as only one shot on target, but in the two second spell where we had them under the cosh I'm sure I saw their keeper save not only Enzio's attempt but also the follow-up.

Have to admit we offered next to nothing in the other 89 mins 58 seconds (plus stoppage time).
    89 mins 59 . Predictable from me I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You don't happen to do the BBC stats do you? They also had us down as only one shot on target, but in the two second spell where we had them under the cosh I'm sure I saw their keeper save not only Enzio's attempt but also the follow-up.

Have to admit we offered next to nothing in the other 89 mins 58 seconds (plus stoppage time).
    Looked like a 'park the bus', 'hit them on the break', approach Ardley seemed to adopt today. Will that be enough to get us out the chit? Who knows. I noticed Vaughny's substitution was cheered when he went off. Bit unfair, apart from a couple of wayward passes immediately prior to him being subbed, he was no worse than the rest of the cr@p on the pitch.
    Last edited by countygump; 16-03-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Looked like a 'park the bus', 'hit them on the break', approach Ardley seemed to adopt today. Will that be enough to get us out the chit? Who knows. I noticed Vaughny's substitution was cheered when he went off. Bit unfair, apart from a couple of wayward passes immediately prior to him being subbed, he was no worse than the rest of the cr@p on the pitch.
    A bloke near us stood up and shouted not to boo him and get behind the team when he was subbed. A noble act that fell on deaf ears.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    A bloke near us stood up and shouted not to boo him and get behind the team when he was subbed. A noble act that fell on deaf ears.
    That’s because most folk are too thick to realise that booing our own actually helps the opposing team. **** me, Bentley mentioned it in his presser that our ‘supporters’ would turn.
    I have said before that I really don’t enjoy going to games anymore, and it has nothing to do with what is happening on the pitch. The numpties in the stands, most of which have never kicked a ball, shouting abuse at our players and even other supporters has broke me. Shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    That’s because most folk are too thick to realise that booing our own actually helps the opposing team. **** me, Bentley mentioned it in his presser that our ‘supporters’ would turn.
    I have said before that I really don’t enjoy going to games anymore, and it has nothing to do with what is happening on the pitch. The numpties in the stands, most of which have never kicked a ball, shouting abuse at our players and even other supporters has broke me. Shambles.
    Exactly, what do they think they'll achieve ? thick as pig sht

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I have never booed a Notts player or the team, not because it's something I haven't wanted to do, it's just not me. As for " numpties" , you get them everywhere mate. Talking about behaviour at away games though, I wouldn't go anymore if it wasn't for my lad.
    Last edited by navypie; 16-03-2019 at 08:51 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12