+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Match Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    The reason we don't do better is we have a tendency to hold the ball up, rather than drive forwards using pace. Increase the tempo and put the other team on the back foot, rather than letting them settle.
    I said something similar at the game. Our build up play was again painfully slow and allowed them time to get back and make sure all our forwards were marked. Far to often this season we have given the ball away when attacking, and the opposition make two or three quick passes and are in on our goal. We just don't seem capable of attacking at speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I said something similar at the game. Our build up play was again painfully slow and allowed them time to get back and make sure all our forwards were marked. Far to often this season we have given the ball away when attacking, and the opposition make two or three quick passes and are in on our goal. We just don't seem capable of attacking at speed.
    I wonder if it's a confidence issue whereby no one wants to make a mistake or give the ball or away. We've got pace in the team, but we're reluctant to use it to to its potential.

I find it very frustrating to watch when we play the ball up quickly to the half way line, then someone drops their shoulder, turns back towards their own goal and plays the ball backwards, allowing the opposition the time to reorganise and get back in position.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    I wonder if it's a confidence issue whereby no one wants to make a mistake or give the ball or away. We've got pace in the team, but we're reluctant to use it to to its potential.

I find it very frustrating to watch when we play the ball up quickly to the half way line, then someone drops their shoulder, turns back towards their own goal and plays the ball backwards, allowing the opposition the time to reorganise and get back in position.
    You and Elite are a match made in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    You and Elite are a match made in heaven.
    You and a dog turd are likewise.

You and a dog turd are likewise.
    That's something I would expect a kid to say.

Neal Ardley said in his post match interliew that the "...the boys gave it everything they had." Really? Everything? How come they gave much more against Carlisle? Ardley's idea of "everything" seems very arbitrary and not to everyone's standard. Everything would seem to mean they can't give or do better than that - goalless at home against cannon fodder.

Seven times this season they have given everything and won, nine**** times they haven't and lost by what seemed to be a regular three goals against. Too many times this season we have obviously not given anything anywhere near everything. If the players who gave everything yesterday think they gave their all then they must admit to themselves they are not good enough for League 2 football.

Exactly, EP. We break up their attack and have the ball in our possession and the opposition are out of position but our defender with the ball either hopefully lobs it forward or waits while the other team's defence is back in place. Here we go again, having to try to get through ten of their players before seeing the whites of their goalie's eyes, and we ain't going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    “Why”
    These ratings threads are good. You may have given up, but some of us haven’t.

Remember we are only 3 points from safety with 8 games left.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 17-03-2019 at 09:28 AM.

“When”

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoStringPie View Post
    “When”
    You really are the board idiot / troll who contributes nothing to the club or board. You post/ act like a adolescent ****ager, try appreciating that some of us go to matches and see what’s really going on. As Mad Magpie says we are 3 points from safety with 8 games to go, grow up or go.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast