+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kenny Dougall Broken Leg

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Avvad a word wi missen and a still think, on a broad brush view, he dropped on when he inherited a bought to perform in the Championship squad to play in what is a poor Third Division. I agree the owners should ev strengthened in January.
    Compared to the last 3 teams who achieved automatic promotion I reckon Stendel's had more issues to deal with than Clarke , Hunter or Wilson ever had SB .

On all 3 occasions we were able to field settled sides , imagine losing Derek Bell in 79 , Aylott in 81 or Hendrie in 96 to injury in February .

What about the club selling Alan Little , Ian Banks or Redders half way through those seasons ?

If big Eric had done one to Huddersfield and left Wilson on his tod in 97 we really would have stuggled .

The group of players Stendel inherited were losers , not good enough , found wanting with their confidence levels at zero .

Mowatt and McGeehan couldn't hold down a first team shirt at Oxford or Sc unthorpe respectively for instance .

I'm also particularly impressed with how he's turned Cavare from a complete liability in to a very good solid right back .

The best squad in the championship in my opinion play at Stoke City , check out where they sit in the table right now .

Not as easy as what tha thinks SB in my opinion of course .

Tha'll not get me defending the present owners az tha knows but they did assemble a squad just abart good enough to stop up in the Championship but then c0cked it up big time appointing Morais. We then ed the classic yo-yo squad, relegated, but too good forra poor Third Division below.
    Befooar conferring Messiah status on Stendel, who I think is a good manager, tha ez to measure it in the context of the hand he was dealt. For example suppose Stendel ed inherited the Accrington or Wycombe squad and John Coleman or Gareth Ainsworth had inherited the Barnsley squad. Are we really saying Accrington or Wycombe would be second but Barnsley would be struggling ?

Two of the main reasons Stoke are struggling are Tom Ince & Berahino.
    Both bad apples I wouldn't have anywhere near a squad of mine.
    If people weren't happy with Moncur's attitude and his dad's input, multiply that by 100 for Ince.
    When he was a nobody at Liverpool, Blackpool took him on loan and he was a class act.
    When he started getting rave reviews his attitude changed and he's been a diva (and diver) ever since.
    His dad took to Milan and told him he was too good for England under 21's duty. He got no takers.
    Yes he scores eye catching goals but his team contribution is zero.
    I still remember him at Oakwell stood on the half way line with his gloves on watching his team mates warm up.
    Berahino had everything, now he's got nothing.
    20+ games without a goal. Team wins a late penalty. He wrestles the ball off a team mate and misses.
    I notice that Moncur hasn't got on the pitch last few games.
    Perhaps big Mick Harford won't have is attitude despite his undoubted talent?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Tha'll not get me defending the present owners az tha knows but they did assemble a squad just abart good enough to stop up in the Championship but then c0cked it up big time appointing Morais. We then ed the classic yo-yo squad, relegated, but too good forra poor Third Division below.
    Befooar conferring Messiah status on Stendel, who I think is a good manager, tha ez to measure it in the context of the hand he was dealt. For example suppose Stendel ed inherited the Accrington or Wycombe squad and John Coleman or Gareth Ainsworth had inherited the Barnsley squad. Are we really saying Accrington or Wycombe would be second but Barnsley would be struggling ?
    Almost every manager that does well in his first season is indebted to the previous incumbent SB .

Clarkie benefited from the work done by the late Jim Iley , Hunter then benefited from Clarkie when he took over in 1980 .

To be fair to Wilson he did build his own team but still inherited Redders and Steve Davis and a youth system that delivered Watson , Moses , Eaden and Liddle .

I'm not sure how Ainsworth would go on here or Coleman , both could be overwhelmed by the expectancy given they are measured at their two respective clubs in a different way to what you are here .

Stendel wouldn't have left his native Germany to take over at Accrington or Wycombe in my opinion if he had I reckon both would be mid table playing pleasing football , quite what Stendel would have made of Akinfenwa is anybody's guess .

Should we go on to get promoted we'll see more of Stendels capabilities as a coach against far better opposition next season. I'd be surprised if he adopts the same philosophy in the championship. If the personnel remain and we add to the squad then we may go from strength to strength but I suspect there'll be a couple of major departures(e.g. Pinnock and Lindsay) this summer leaving the blowk a very difficult task in keeping us up. Credit to him thus far, excellent job. Well happy with him

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Should we go on to get promoted we'll see more of Stendels capabilities as a coach against far better opposition next season. I'd be surprised if he adopts the same philosophy in the championship. If the personnel remain and we add to the squad then we may go from strength to strength but I suspect there'll be a couple of major departures(e.g. Pinnock and Lindsay) this summer leaving the blowk a very difficult task in keeping us up. Credit to him thus far, excellent job. Well happy with him
    Too true pass , absolutely no way will we be able to keep Pinnock here next season promoted or not .

Davies will be away , possibly Lindsay and Cavare too .

The back four and goalkeeper will need replacing this summer , you can see this coming all day long .

Tell you here and now , four kids from league two to replace them will kill us , been here before haven't we .

Stendel is a good coach.

In a way he is in a win-win situation. If we go up this season it will be because of brilliant coaching. If we struggle in the Championship next season or even come straight back down it will all be down to an unequal battle against better squads.

Let's complete the job of gerrin back up first (not a formality) and then see what hand he is dealt next August by the owners.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Too true pass , absolutely no way will we be able to keep Pinnock here next season promoted or not .

Davies will be away , possibly Lindsay and Cavare too .

The back four and goalkeeper will need replacing this summer , you can see this coming all day long .

Tell you here and now , four kids from league two to replace them will kill us , been here before haven't we .

We ev mate, Hecky can testify to that. I get the vibe off Hoss that he thinks quality players are replaceable at championship level wi these kids who show up on the data. I think you can get away with it in league one but if they ent learned owt abart the league above then we'll never move forward.

I just think every thing stendel does is positive, kids are playin for im and its bin great this season seein brown and the williams's flourishin. So many plus's for me promotion or not. He might well get found out in higher league, but wi better players yiu could play is style in prem and do half decent.

Nothing yet confirming it's a broken leg ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast