+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T: Anyone else like their Rugby Union?

My mother was a Scot but I'm not about to wear a skirt and paint my face blue.

A fan yes and England were superb first half and second half we came out in an arrogant manner thinking the game was done lucky to draw in the end but at least we didn’t lose to the Scots!

If honest if the six nations was on the line no chance would that have happened we’d have won with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    What goes on in the scrum, stays in the scrum eh gumpy?
    OMG, the memories of a loose scrum followed by a quick ruck and a maul will stay with me forever. I'm still receiving counselling.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    OMG, the memories of a loose scrum followed by a quick ruck and a maul will stay with me forever. I'm still receiving counselling.
    I hope for your sake you didn't have a schoolmate called Jon Hopoate......

If they were playing rugby in my back garden I would close the curtains.

Next time the Rugby World Cup comes around, let me know I'll accurately predict 90% of the results before the tournament starts. I did last time!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    If they were playing rugby in my back garden I would close the curtains.

Next time the Rugby World Cup comes around, let me know I'll accurately predict 90% of the results before the tournament starts. I did last time!
    How much did you win !!!

Played it at School as well.Was meant to go for trials @ Nottm,but had other things on my mind .Played Fly Half or one of the Centres.
    Good thing in Rugby is what ever happens on the pitch stays on the pitch.
    Should never have been so far in front & let it slip.Think the Irish arrogance we saw against us showed its face yesterday in the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I hope for your sake you didn't have a schoolmate called Jon Hopoate......

Didn't know him Eli but heard he was handy in the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    How much did you win !!!
    Nothing sadly!

It was just a paper exercise that actually stemmed from a debate I was having with some rugby fans on this board. My point was that the minnows in international rugby very rarely spring a surprise, whereas shock results in the football World Cup are more frequent and results are less predictable.

However, for that very reason, if I had placed a bet on the Rugby World Cup I wouldn't have got very good odds. Many of the results are a foregone conclusion.

Like the gumpster, I was forced into it at school so took up cross country (county level) and that got me out of playing. However, I enjoy it thoroughly as a spectator, even to the point I'd prefer it over most Premier League footy.
    Why see the 2nd half yesterday as England's demise? Focus on the Jocks' wonderful fightback. Great game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast