+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: why is "the town full of p@does" chant not deemed offensive?

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Is anyone offended by the Semi Ajayi Rotherhams No5 song?
    Or do they join in?
    Isn't that one a compliment

It's a bit ironic expecting South Yorkshire Police to do something about drunken chanting when their lack of action was one of the main reasons that this horrendous situation happened in the first place.

As Great Fire has said, we are still waiting for Police and Council culprits to be held publicly accountable
    Surely the Rotherham public can now do the right thing and vote out the Council. If voters are completely anti Tory then vote Lib Dem or Independant

Surely it is massively offensive to those who attend matches who are related to or know the victims?

I wonder if a few posters around the ground, in the away end, might make away supporters think before they start their chants.

People from other towns believe the white population didn't do enough to stop it though so they,re actually criticising us. That's why there were far right wing protests in the town a few years ago
    1600+ and no one knew what was going on......get real
    White police, white Council workers and white locals all knew what was going on and did nowt.
    Those poor kids were left defenceless and it was an outsider who brought it to the attention of the world.

So maybe the Rotherham public are to blame and that's why a lot of outsiders consider the scale of it incomprehensible.......so do I
    Last edited by flourbasher; 17-03-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    I think it says more about the people who are singing it than us.
    Yesterday on way to the ground group sang it to us YAK asked if one of them wanted to explain that to his young niece who attended with us.
    All of a sudden it was apologies and a bit of ****ting themselves which was funny tbh.

It’s a group mentality thing half of them are parents and should know better.
    Beer and pack mentality kick in unfortunately.
    Great post, gets to the heart of it.

The mob mentality of footy fans is disturbing at times, and it's easy to see some quite deeply held and worrying behaviour at times. I agree with Kerr - I was at the Peterborough game and was shocked by the behaviour towards the female walking across the pitch in front of us.

It's a good question IBS asks and some good responses, as well as the usual repeated claptrap from the usual bods who just want to repeat their views in every thread available to them. I suppose a difference between 'Town full of pakis' and 'town full of *****s' is that the 'town full of pakis' is derogatory towards a group of people just on the basis of their race, nothing else. Whereas the 'peados' song is directed towards the abhorrent behaviour of some in that town and generalising it towards the rest of us. Still makes me feel sick that people can sing either, and can behave as they do towards that Peterborough woman. AS Pocket says, get them on their own and they will probably distance themselves from the songs, but history shows us that odd and horrible things happen when groups of people unite behind deep rooted prejudicial viewpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Isn't that one a compliment
    So complimentary racist songs are fine...like lukaku's and yerry mina's.

Ricky Gervais - I wouldn't count me as his greatest fan.

However if you get chance to see his new series After Life (on Netflix) give it a look. In episode 1 he's walking past a school playground and a little fat kid calls him a Pedo.

The reply he gives the kid is a classic, but not repeatable here.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

However if you get chance to see his new series After Life (on Netflix) give it a look. In episode 1 he's walking past a school playground and a little fat kid calls him a Pedo.

Yes, it's brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

Thought I'd Google it Grist after you'd put it up and p****d myself at the clip.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    So complimentary racist songs are fine...like lukaku's and yerry mina's.
    It was sung at qpr and all I heard was a song about a footballer who plays for our team who may have a large appendage.

If people read something else into it that's up to them.

The nutter in New Zealand had many things inscribed on the weapons he used to murder innocent Muslims, including "This is for Rotherham".
    Great, Thanks for that.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast