+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: why is "the town full of p@does" chant not deemed offensive?

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    It was sung at qpr and all I heard was a song about a footballer who plays for our team who may have a large appendage.

If people read something else into it that's up to them.
    So you've seen him then...or is it a racist stereotype?

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    I've not heard it to be honest (I don't hear many songs coming from the home supporters). Wasn't there a big controversy about Man Utd fans singing something similar? I believe there was a big outrage and the fans then stopped singing it.

If only there was a big outrage against the stereotyping song which people sing about Rotherham folk!!! Maybe an outrage discussing some of the points made on here I.e. are they thinking about the victims of the child abuse when they sing it etc.

Semi is also very quick athletic and mobile which I also mean as a compliment but some would also perceive to be a stereotype.

I,ve often heard athletics commentators mentioning that a 100m final is all black.
    The best long distance runners are black African from a certain Rift Valley in Kenya. Again all compliments in my view but maybe some get offended when observations like that are mentioned.

We,re too quick to not want to offend certain types of people when it's not necessary.
    The irony is that people didn't want to offend and cause racial tensions in the Asian community when people thought something might be happening. Ok to let down those poor children but let's not say anything to a certain racial group

Yes there should be more outrage about the Rotherham ped0 chanting and then maybe it will stop, both the chanting and the cause.

Regarding the stereotyping, you telling me the fans who made and sing the chant do not know they are racist stereotyping...hard to believe (and yes that's also stereotyping the fans).

*****philia is quite rightly a crime according to the law of the land but how is it viewed by certain religions?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Just FYI - Any words starred out on here are done so because in the past one of the moderators has set it up to be that way, not down to anything FootyMad has done.
    Lee Hughes
    Murderer

No longer banned words ☝

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    *****philia is quite rightly a crime according to the law of the land but how is it viewed by certain religions?
    Well there’s this train of thought in Turkey

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8142131.html

Had a gander of the first few posts on this thread an no doubt the powers & snowflakes will turn a blind eye to the chanting. Be different if was aimed at Bradford Leicester etc town full of pakis. No doubt it will be overlooked as South Yorkshire and police in general only take action against the people who dare to stand up to them. Sums this site up when the mods ain’t even based in England. Get a grip. Abuse the whites but the abuse the other way will not be tolerated.

Yes there should be more outrage about the Rotherham ped0 chanting and then maybe it will stop, both the chanting and the cause.

Regarding the stereotyping, you telling me the fans who made and sing the chant do not know they are racist stereotyping...hard to believe (and yes that's also stereotyping the fans).
    It might well be stereotyping but so is saying black men are good at sprinting.
    Compliments. What's the problem
    If I had 321 fans shouting that I'd got a big todger after scoring a goal for them I'd love it....put that on your calling card when you're next in the nightclub
    Last edited by flourbasher; 17-03-2019 at 06:07 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345