+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T: Jacinda Ardern

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    At a time we are disgusted with our own politicians, what class this woman has shown herself to have. Her behaviour and oratory have been top class. You could never see Theresa May using such emollient language for fear that she would be seen as pro-immigrant.
    For such a relatively young politician and world leader, this lady has a wise old head. I bet she was spurred on by the Donald's message of sympathy.
    Alternatively, she could be described as a headline grabbing, self publicist & female equivalent of BLiar! Not sure pontificating and coming out with predictable platitudes endears her to anyone other than the middle class, liberal lefties tbh. Her domestic record as PM has been subject to much criticism in NZ but she likes putting on a show for the world when it suits her. Discuss.

At a time we are disgusted with our own politicians, what class this woman has shown herself to have. Her behaviour and oratory have been top class. You could never see Theresa May using such emollient language for fear that she would be seen as pro-immigrant.
    For such a relatively young politician and world leader, this lady has a wise old head. I bet she was spurred on by the Donald's message of sympathy.
    Well, just like Theresa May and the Swedish “World’s First Feminist Govt”, she certainly knows when it’s time to put on a hijab.

Did you not know that the hijab was part of the New Zealand national dress? It will be in a few decades anyway.

Without knowing anything about her politics, yes, she has come across as very impressive. I gather NZ are banning semi automatics as a result of Friday’s atrocity. As we all know, some other countries and some other politicians would be saying mosques should arm themselves.

There again, maybe they wouldn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Without knowing anything about her politics, yes, she has come across as very impressive. I gather NZ are banning semi automatics as a result of Friday’s atrocity. As we all know, some other countries and some other politicians would be saying mosques should arm themselves.

There again, maybe they wouldn’t.
    You're out of date Fatty, they made their own minds up about that long ago:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/w...ue-7jvdttrm0x0

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    Ohh surprise surprise yet another thread started by our very own fire starter !

Bore off Sid this is a Notts county fans messageboard not politics rammel !

Bet El Squidley didn't know her Maiden name was 'Box'?

I think it's nice of the OP to keep us abreast of events on the world stage, given that we are obviously too stupid to form opinions for ourselves.

Spot on Bohinen. Anyway if NZ gun laws are Ok, why are they looking at tightening them up?

That wasn't what the OP was about. Stick to the topic. We can argue about that one further down the line. Do you agree that she carried herself with dignity and used entirely appropriate language?
    Ooh, I dunno, that's an 'Ardern.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I think it's nice of the OP to keep us abreast of events on the world stage, given that we are obviously too stupid to form opinions for ourselves.
    Opinions, Bo. I thought that's what this forum was about. And there are plenty of them, whether it's to do with NCFC or the world at large.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast