+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T: Jacinda Ardern

What's with all the anger on this thread? It's Sids opinion about someone for you to state your thoughts either in agreement or not, if you're that offended don't comment on the thread at all. So much hostility in the world, makes me really sad. I've just watched a Captive episode on Netflix about Somali pirates kidnapping a British couple and a British - Somali flew out to get them back just cause of how Britain had helped Somalis who came here after the Somali Civil War, made me glad that there are people like that out there instead of all the hatred in the world. Try have a nice, relaxed day everyone.

Well Sidders, Jacinda Ardern is the leader of a coalition government that is screwing over NZ businesses and the wealth makers within the country. Her government has promised over NZ$1 billion to Pacific Island nations when working people in her own country are struggling to make ends meet. A vast array of broken promises from her party's manifesto follow in her wake. The coalition is made up of NZ Labour, the NZ Green Party and NZ First, a right wing political party whose main aim was to do away with racially privilliged seats, but once in power did a massive u-turn as these seats were the ones that gave the coalition power. The Greens and NZ First hate each other with a vengeance and the only thing they have in common is their desire for power.

An astonishing fact is that not one of the Cabinet has had a job outside of the political arena and due to the fact that the previous Prime Minister was so popular, for so long, very few have any experience in being in the ruling party.

But apart from that, she's not a bad old stick......

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Well Sidders, Jacinda Ardern is the leader of a coalition government that is screwing over NZ businesses and the wealth makers within the country. Her government has promised over NZ$1 billion to Pacific Island nations when working people in her own country are struggling to make ends meet. A vast array of broken promises from her party's manifesto follow in her wake. The coalition is made up of NZ Labour, the NZ Green Party and NZ First, a right wing political party whose main aim was to do away with racially privilliged seats, but once in power did a massive u-turn as these seats were the ones that gave the coalition power. The Greens and NZ First hate each other with a vengeance and the only thing they have in common is their desire for power.

An astonishing fact is that not one of the Cabinet has had a job outside of the political arena and due to the fact that the previous Prime Minister was so popular, for so long, very few have any experience in being in the ruling party.

There are plenty of New Zealanders who have the opposite view of her than you do.
    Much like how Labour and Conservatives are viewed on here.

I never started this is an investigation into New Zealand's politics. You are making it that. Even so, I distrust the Thatcherian term 'wealth makers'. They are not a class apart. All working people are ultimately wealth makers.
    My question was whether you agreed that she had handled a grim situation well. Only Mr Foreign Legion has given a straight answer - and he's in agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I never started this is an investigation into New Zealand's politics. You are making it that. Even so, I distrust the Thatcherian term 'wealth makers'. They are not a class apart. All working people are ultimately wealth makers.
    My question was whether you agreed that she had handled a grim situation well. Only Mr Foreign Legion has given a straight answer - and he's in agreement.
    I agree with you Sid she has handled it well.

I see that she has stopped saying the gunman's name and the BBC have followed her lead by not saying the name of the Utrecht tram gunman on any news bulletin on Radio 2 last night.
    Admirable.

Easy to pass a comment from 12,000 miles away Sid. Anyway, it has been announced today that the NZ Government are going to pressure the Canterbury (Province that includes Christchurch) Super Rugby Team to change their name from the The Crusaders in light of the events on Friday. To nearly all New Zealanders the name has nothing to do with any religious war a thousand years' ago, but instead is their beloved, Southern Hemisphere conquering club team that has spawned numerous All Blacks.

Did you not read all of my post? When I refer to 'Wealth Makers' I was referring to the people who work. I made the comment that the coalition's policies are making it hard for working people to make ends meet. Please don't paraphrase my post to support your Anti-Thatcher views.

With reference to how Jacinda has handled the situation, I would say that she has handled it how any Prime Minister should have handled the situation. There have been a few government officials who are making comments about how, from now on, NZers have to fear the uprising of white supremacists within NZ. I would've have thought that NZ wouldn't have had any issue with such extremists.
    Last edited by Lullapie; 19-03-2019 at 07:29 AM.

Sids a fire starter, twisted fire starter !

Let’s instead talk about the takeover completion at Notts County fc which should be completed by the end of the week !

Did you not read all of my post? When I refer to 'Wealth Makers' I was referring to the people who work. I made the comment that the coalition's policies are making it hard for working people to make ends meet. Please don't paraphrase my post to support your Anti-Thatcher views.

With reference to how Jacinda has handled the situation, I would say that she has handled it how any Prime Minister should have handled the situation. There have been a few government officials who are making comments about how, from now on, NZers have to fear the uprising of white supremacists within NZ. I would've have thought that NZ wouldn't have had any issue with such extremists.
    Of course, I read all your post and was very interested by it. However, you set apart the wealth makers from the working people in the body of your text. Nowhere do you imply that working people are part of the wealth makers. Is a nurse a wealth maker when she plays her part in healing a businessman who has been in a car crash? Is a teacher a wealth maker when she inspires a brilliant scientist?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast