+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: O/T: Jacinda Ardern

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    The multiplying villainies of nature do swarm upon him....

Attachment 12249

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2...8Vz1un4rdDzPgo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asi...wcawh5owui766U

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...fc5UXiaGoSIYHs

Whilst the above is no justification for the above which represents, as any act of terror does, a hideous crime against humanity and receives the condemnation it deserves, here's a question.

Was the shooter even far right?
    Yes he clearly was far right but I'm sure you'll tell me differently.

As regards your meme I think it's absurd to claim there isn't outrage after Islamic terror attacks. In society at large there outrage after Islamic terror attacks and outrage after far right terror attacks, and rightly so.

On here after Islamic attacks there are threads of 100 or 200 posts calling for extermination of all Muslims, after far right attacks there's a mix of silence, 'they deserved it', and gripes about Jeremy Corbyn and Radio 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Easy to pass a comment from 12,000 miles away Sid. Anyway, it has been announced today that the NZ Government are going to pressure the Canterbury (Province that includes Christchurch) Super Rugby Team to change their name from the The Crusaders in light of the events on Friday. To nearly all New Zealanders the name has nothing to do with any religious war a thousand years' ago, but instead is their beloved, Southern Hemisphere conquering club team that has spawned numerous All Blacks.
    Where abouts in NZ are you mate?

Clearly any terrorist attack is just as wrong, whether it's committed by the right, the left, Catholics, Druids or Atheists (you don't get to hear about them, do you?).

What strikes me as bizarre is that Sid is condescendingly letting us know how wonderful this woman is, who no-one in the Northern hemisphere had even heard of until a few days ago, despite the fact we know virtually nothing about her. She might drown kittens in a bucket for all we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Clearly any terrorist attack is just as wrong, whether it's committed by the right, the left, Catholics, Druids or Atheists (you don't get to hear about them, do you?).

What strikes me as bizarre is that Sid is condescendingly letting us know how wonderful this woman is, who no-one in the Northern hemisphere had even heard of until a few days ago, despite the fact we know virtually nothing about her. She might drown kittens in a bucket for all we know.
    You are so full of poo, Bohinen. I know very little about the lady in question. My point was that she conducted herself with grace and discipline in the face of a dreadful situation. Please explain how I was condescending or do you even know what the word means?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    You are so full of poo, Bohinen. I know very little about the lady in question. My point was that she conducted herself with grace and discipline in the face of a dreadful situation. Please explain how I was condescending or do you even know what the word means?
    Poo ? ?

How old are you Sid ?

Ha ha how is Sid stating he has been impressed by someone condescending or telling you what to think?

I'd suggest if you think that then it's more to do with how you see yourself than anything else.

Some people who should know better are living in a bubble or just trying to gain political mileage. Try:

"The terrorist attacks that tore through the Muslim community in Christchurch also exposed ugly truths about New Zealand. By Toby Morris"

https://thespinoff.co.nz/society/18-03-2019/this-is-us/

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post

Yeah, the biggest problem with this thread is Sid being condescending.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    As Mr Bohinen is one of the drier, informed, and more entertaining wits on here, I think your fit of intellectual snobbery might be somewhat misplaced. Perhaps you should go back to redecorating your Ivory Tower.

Regarding Jacinda and people who “don’t like immigrants” (seeing as Driller brought it up), how loudly would our Liberal friends be shrieking if a politician had made comments like these:

“We are being colonised without New Zealanders having some say in the numbers of people coming in and where they are coming from. This is a deliberate policy of ethnic engineering and re-population.”

“We are being dragged into the status of an Asian colony and it is time that New Zealanders were placed first in their own country.”

"The government's lax immigration laws are changing the face of our country forever. At this rate, it won't take long for New Zealand to be unrecognisable."

"We are being dragged into the status of an Asian colony and it is time that New Zealanders were placed first in their own country."

"Atrocities are carried out on the dogs by these sadists in order to release more adrenaline in the dogs' bodies, thereby creating a more potent and flavoured meat. This abused flesh is highly valued as an aphrodisiac by these ghouls."

"Frankly, all this immigration (to New Zealand), wholesale as it is and unparalleled anywhere in the world, has not closed the skills gap, has not increased our export base, has not increased our wealth."

"We place our country at risk by bringing in thousands of people whose views are formed by alien cultures and rigid religious practices. If immigrants are allowed to settle here, regardless of their ability or willingness to live in harmony with us, we will create a breeding ground for conflict."

And what about this one that would have steam coming out of BFP’s ears if Trump had said it:

“Even Muslim Arab countries have lists of Muslims they will not allow in because of the risk they pose to security, and because of the political baggage they bring with them, and their 'unique' methods of dealing with political opposition to their cause. But New Zealand lets these people in and even gives them housing, health and governmental blessing."

These words were spoken by Winston Peters who Jacinda is happy to have as New Zealand’s current Deputy Prime Minister. He’s the Leader of the New Zealand First Party, a traditionally populist and anti-immigration bunch. The only way she could have become PM was to go into coalition with him and his party. His previous comments on immigrants didn’t stop her though, not when there was power to be had.

Peters is currently off to Turkey to try and cool the situation down after Erdogan’s “send ‘em back in coffins” comment. Just the right man to send Jacinda, good choice.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast